new lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonesy55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've got a 2004 ram 2500 quad cab I'm getting ready to lift.I'm planning on 6 inch fabtech,36x13.50 iroc radials, looking at 17x9 wheels with 4.53 backspace.just want to know if this tire and wheel combo will stick out from the fenders..can't stand the skateboard look.want about 2-3inchs beyond fenders..any one could give me a heads up or pics would be appreciated. Thanks

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen 35/12.5s that only stick out about an inch to a inch and a half. So with 13.5s your probably where you want to be. I can't account for the rims tho, never bought aftermarket rims before lol so idk how much that backspace will make ya stick out. Do share pictures tho when you're done in the lifted thread, I'd love to see it! I want to do roughly the same to my 1500, but with 35s.

standen89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
fabtech should have recommended rim and tire size listed for the lift you want to install. Keep in mind that backspacing is crucial for clearance... Just follow close to the suggested wheel specs and you will be fine. As far as having a wide "stance"... that comes down to offset. the larger the negative offset the more wider the stance (more the wheels will stick out). The more positive the offset the more inside the wheel well they will be. I would recommend a more positive offset as it puts less strain on all the tie rods, ball joints, bearings etc. Alot of lifts recommend a 0 to +12 offset. Also, a 13.50" tire seems fairly wide? I would go with 12.5" personally but, that's your call! Research the recommended sizes for the lift is the best idea. Check out www.customwheeloffset.com to see what your setup will look like. Go to wheel offset gallery and you can enter as much info as you want to get close to what you want to see.
here's a link to help with backspacing/offset http://www.ccwheel.com/technical-converter.php

OP
OP
J

jonesy55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input.I'll check out that site.my last truck was a 2005 f150 on 35x14.50 iroks and I loved the way it sat(the lift and tires,not the truck).unfortunately the local installer ordered the tires wheels and lift and I can't remember what the wheel size was or offset

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I have 20 x 9 wheels, 1mm offset, with Nitto Trail Grapplers 35 X 12.5 and you can see how far mine stick out. I have a 2013 though... I don't know the depth of your wheel well compared to mine though. I'm on a 6" Pro Comp suspension lift / level (6" in front and 4 in back).

picture.php

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn