New and lookin for a little bit of lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
As you can read from the title I'm new here. I have a 2007 Ram 1500 4x4 and yesterday I got on some 35-12.5-17 Nitto Trail Grapplers wrapped around a set up moto metal 951 (black) and it looks great! I have no rub at all with no trim. Now I'm looking for around 1-2" of lift as I think that would be the cherry on top lol. :drool:

I've been doing a lot of researching and can't find anything on a lift that small so I thought I'd come here and see if you guys knew of anything.

I really don't want to go with the 3" body lift because of my hitch and body showing more than it should.....and suspension is a little out of the budget after buying the wheels and tires lol.

Thanks for the help guys!

(BTW I already have a 2.5" HBS Leveling kit AND I'll post some pics of the rig in a few)

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Well if you already have a level on it and do not want to go to a BL then your only other option is a suspension lift .
My words of advise ..... start saving

Welcome to RF

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
ditto on both! :D

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Alrighty thanks guys!

I'm torn between the body lift and the 4" suspension....I know technically the suspension would be better for the truck. However, I can hide the frame with a set of N-fabs if I do get the body lift..idk... Needa read more into...or if you guys can point me in the right direction (new to this).

Anyway here's the rig! (not very clean right now lol)

photo4-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Stock interior for now..

photo5.jpg

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
dodges are pretty good and dont really show much frame on a bl. i would just get the zone body lift. real good kit

nice truck! where u at in tx?

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thanks man! Your truck is sick also! I can't believe all your mods lol...I bet your truck hauls some serious ass though. I'm from Alice (about an hour away from Corpus Christi). Your?

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Dude hell yeah! I'll be there and I'll try to bring some locals that aren't on the forums...some really nice rigs around these parts

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
Nice truck man welcome to the ram forum

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's all about what you can afford vs what you want. I currently have a 2.5 leveling kit, body lift, and a set of Go Rhino steps (same look as the N Fabs, but cheaper).

You really don't see much frame with the body lift. The only thing you'd notice, is in the last picture, some of the frame where the hitch is.

DSC00109.jpg
DSC00101.jpg
DSC00098.jpg

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
After I just had my first rub incident I'm really taking that body lift into consideration. I was driving into my drive way semi aggressively at full lock and hit a bump causing it to rub :( I really don't want my driving to be limited and would like to have a little more flexing room.

Now I really like the stance and height I have right now, and don't really care to throw it up another 3". IMO I think the perfect height is the stock 4x4 2500 on 35's...does anyone know how it would compare or have any pictures of 3" body lifted 1500 with a 4x4 2500?

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After I just had my first rub incident I'm really taking that body lift into consideration. I was driving into my drive way semi aggressively at full lock and hit a bump causing it to rub :( I really don't want my driving to be limited and would like to have a little more flexing room.

Now I really like the stance and height I have right now, and don't really care to throw it up another 3". IMO I think the perfect height is the stock 4x4 2500 on 35's...does anyone know how it would compare or have any pictures of 3" body lifted 1500 with a 4x4 2500?

Another option is a set of Bilstein 5100 series shocks. Those are adjustable, and would give you about another inch of lift. They are roughly the same price as the BL though.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I was beside one the other day and mine was a bit taller when comparing the mirrors. I don't know that he had 35s though. I measure at 44" and 43" fender wise

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Truck looks great the way its sitting. Don't know why Dodge doesn't put bigger meats on them from factory!

It all depends on what your looking for and how big the wallet is. If your looking for a smaller lift, BDS makes a 2, 3 and 5" suspension lift for the Rams, if you just want a little bit of lift that doesn't cost a lot, maybe a 2 or 3" body lift would be the way you want to go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thanks! I completely agree with the bigger tires, and especially with the 2500's.

As of right now with the way gas prices are getting, my wallet's not gonna be too big lol. I was looking into a 4" suspension, but that's just way too pricey for me man. I think I'm just going to go with a 3" PA Body lift....even though I know the installation charge is gonna suck ass..