New truck and ready to lift.. help me!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dirtystick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Pretty solid/popular kit. Make it happen!

You make it sound so easy! :killer:

I am actually putting together a cart with tires, lift and rims to cover pretty much everything so I get the "grand" total. Then get drunk and tell the wife I accidently hit "Buy Now".

That brings me to what wheel I want to go with now.. hmm.. the wonderful choices!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dirtystick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Just throwin this out there and recommendations on what rims look really sharp/aggressive on our trucks?

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Welcome to RF!

First off your going to have to look at what you really want. I see your truck has the 4.7 and to be honest, most people I know that have them wish they didn't go sky high with them.
The bigger the tire you go, your gas mileage really starts to suck. The 4.7's really start ******* and a gear swap really doesn't make much of a difference. Generally anything over a 35" tire your going to really want to change your gears to something bigger, with the 4.7's your going to want to do that with anything over a 33" tire.
If your just looking for something that has a nice stance to it and you can do some off road driving, try a level kit with maybe a 2 or 3" body or a 3 to 4" suspension lift with some 33" tires. Your still going to have to change your shocks out with any type of lift because the stock shocks are not made for that.
What size tires do you have on it now? The stock 20's are a 33" tire so you would have an idea what they look like.

Right now with all the suggestions your looking at a suspension lift, 35" tires?, new shocks, new gears (about $1400 for a shop to do the gears), you will want to pick up a programmer so you can adjust for the tire size and engine performance (yes, this really makes a difference).

Keep it lower with smaller tires that will still be functional for what your looking for and you will probably enjoy it much longer, since it sounds like this is going to be a daily driver going to work every day.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
This ^^^

And welcome to RF

OP
OP
D

dirtystick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I do have a Durango with a hemi I can drive on occasion to work so I am not too worried about gas mileage.. that "may" change though if gas prices keep going up. If that happens I will just get me a a little civic and weld a coffee can on the exhaust!

Then again I didn't buy the truck for gas mileage, but for functionality so to speak.. need to be able to haul the wife and kids with the dog and quad in the back.. possibly followed by a trailer/camper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dirtystick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Here is a pic of the truck before tinting the windows. Don't worry I will post a little blurb in the intro area as well.

1950-before-taking-truck-get-windows-tinted.jpg

OP
OP
D

dirtystick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Welcome to RF!

What size tires do you have on it now? The stock 20's are a 33" tire so you would have an idea what they look like.

To answer your question the current tire size is: M + S P275/60R20

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963