Newbie, '06 lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2006 1500, mega cab.
Looking to do a 2" lift for now (my truck has coils up front with the solid axle) and I'm wondering what I'll be looking at?

*Would I need longer brake hoses?
*Would I need to extend my "axle breathers"?
*Any other snags?

Trying to get an idea of what I may need besides the actual lift components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
No you won't need longer brake lines.
No you won't need to extend the breather tube.

The best option is progressive rate leveling coils to lift the front end as that will give you a far better ride than spacers. Pair those up with some new, longer shocks and an adjustable track bar and you'll be good to go.

OP
OP
Jamesq87

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No you won't need longer brake lines.
No you won't need to extend the breather tube.

The best option is progressive rate leveling coils to lift the front end as that will give you a far better ride than spacers. Pair those up with some new, longer shocks and an adjustable track bar and you'll be good to go.

Not second guessing you, don't take it that way but I forgot to mention I plan to take the truck off-road (implied, but not everyone really uses 4wd) even with all the crazy angles I may get on the uneven terrain, the hoses will still be long enough for sure?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Put it this way... I have an 8" lift and have flexed the truck right out with stock brake lines and haven't had any issues. So yes, with just a leveling kit you'll be more than fine.

OP
OP
Jamesq87

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Put it this way... I have an 8" lift and have flexed the truck right out with stock brake lines and haven't had any issues. So yes, with just a leveling kit you'll be more than fine.

Ok awesome. Very reassuring