Newbie Mopar Owner - Lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtwheels78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just picked up a really clean low mile ( 61K ) 2005 Quad cab ( IFS ) 4x4 truck. Its a stock 5.7 Hemi with late model take offs wheels and tires the vehicle. ( 275/60/20 )

I'd like to level this truck out where its not racked up in the back and higher than the front or even get a little 2-3" lift. From what I've read leveling kits have me paranoid about factory geometry being changed and wearing out parts. IMO not worth the headache. I'm considering a body lift...are their any 2-3 body lift kits that would allow a 33" or maybe a 35' tire?

What size tire can I put on a stock 05 4x4 quad cab without rubbing? Would a 33x10 or 12.50 x20 work?

I love the look of lifted trucks but dont want to be changing out ball joints, tie rods and front end parts often..and I dont necessarily have $2000.00 for a great quality lift and then the thought of adding $$ for tires.

Any thoughts on a good quality body lift, or Bilstein shocks? Do the shocks change geometry on your front end parts and lift?

Again I'm new so your helps appreciated-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio