oem ride lift 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randomhero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7l Hemi
Hey there,

this is Patrik from Germany, I am proud owner of a 2004 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4 Hemi.
Before I had a Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited (37" tires, 4,5" of Lift and some more modifications) but the ride feeling wasn´t good.

I just wanna to have a huge lift but OEM ride feeling, I know that´s a bit difficult but maybe you can help me! ;-)

I am thinking about 3" Bodylift + 3" Levelingkit or 3" BL and 5" rough Country lift, but is that a good choice?

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Have a great day

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Body lift will retain the stock ride, as soon as you level it with keys or TB crank, it will get stiffer. Another thing is the tires you use. 37's usually have a higher load rating than factory size tires, so they have a stiffer sidewall making the truck ride much stiffer.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to Ram Forum. Plenty of knowledge here to help you find the best lift for your truck. :)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to ram forum. if you are def. wanting 37's i would consider looking at regearing. If you have the 3.92's it won't be too bad, but you will really notice it if you have the 3.55's

OP
OP
R

randomhero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7l Hemi
Personallay I thought about some 35" Tires, which mods do I have to do!? Gears? Brackets to get the axle solid?

Stiffer, isn´t bad I am a lot driving with 65-85mph on the autobahn and stiffer ride would be a benefit.

So how would you discribe the ride feeling from an 5" Liftkit to stock ride? Is there a big difference?

I like the look of big trucks, but I also need a "FAST" ride... I know that thats really difficult!

Or should I stay with a 2" or 3" Leveling kit + 3" Bodylift?

thanks a lot!

Regards

Patrik

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
you could fit 35's on your truck just by cranking the torsion bars and leveling the truck. A 3" body lift would still give you the big truck look without changing the suspension other than cranking the torsion bars for the level. 35's look real good with the 3" body lift.

Personally I wouldn't spend the money for aftermarket keys(2" leveling kit for your truck) unless you can't get enough out of cranking your torsion bars.

OP
OP
R

randomhero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7l Hemi
Could you please discribe how it goes to crank my torsion bars? heard about it, but don´t know how it goes! :-(

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a bolt that presses on your TB key. Tighten it. Do both sides in equal amount until desired lift is obtained. Then get an alignment done.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
we are working on getting a How to for this, but time hasn't permitted it. What glass said is correct. for each side there is a bolt. The more you tighten it the more pressure on the torsion bar which in turn lifts the front end. Before tightening the bolt you have to lift the front en off the ground so there is no weight on the wheel you are adjusting.

OP
OP
R

randomhero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7l Hemi
Nothing else to do?

Jack it up and tighten both bolts the same ammount until the lift is done?

Sounds really cheap! ;-)

Any experience with 17" wheels?

I am interested in 17x9 black rock wheels with 4,5" Backspace + 35x12,5 17 Cooper STT is the cheapest Combo for Germany.

Do the 17x9 + 4,5 backspace fit without additional fender flares? Does anyone has experience?

or should I start a new threat?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
yup.., but you will also need an alignment after cranking the torsion bars. Those 17x9 wheels will stick out past the fender.

OP
OP
R

randomhero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7l Hemi
sounds good.

do you know how much they will stick out?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Probably an inch to 1.5" to the bulge on the tire

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yea it wouldn't be too bad, but even if you had to add them....fender flares can look real good.