opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PerformanceLifts.com -- CST 2006-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4" Lift

Look at this kit if you would please. I wanted to get you guys opinion of it. I would get the front and back shocks, and the 4" block in the back. I would also put in my level kit and put on bigger tires which would give me a 7" lift in the front and back. This is a cheaper than the air bags so I am just looking at all of my options. thanks.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
OP
OP
C

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 08 ram 2wd. sorry about that. thanks for the post. I have 2" blocks now and it seems fine. The 4" of course comes with the u bolts and everything. I didn't think that would be a problem. That link says it is a lowering kit?

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope weed chimes in here. I've looked at that kit today. It's a good deal as far as price goes for sure. I know that weed has used some of their components before with good results. If I'm not mistaken, Matt is wanting to try to use some of their spindles as well.

Yeah, you don't want that lowering kit. You shouldn't have a problem running a 4" block at all. You could also do a 2" block and 2" longer shackles but for you, the block will work just fine.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
That link says it is a lowering kit?

Lol yeah man, sorry it was a joke, meaning I think you should come join the lower side of life and drop it! =P

I was only concerned about the 4" blocks, because I was told by many a lifted truck enthusiast, that 3" blocks was the tallest you should ever use, for that very reason. I'm sure the ubolts are very good quality, but all that rotational force, those blocks/bolts wont hold that axle in place as well. I might be wrong though, we'll have to see what some others think.

OP
OP
C

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol yeah man, sorry it was a joke, meaning I think you should come join the lower side of life and drop it! =P

I was only concerned about the 4" blocks, because I was told by many a lifted truck enthusiast, that 3" blocks was the tallest you should ever use, for that very reason. I'm sure the ubolts are very good quality, but all that rotational force, those blocks/bolts wont hold that axle in place as well. I might be wrong though, we'll have to see what some others think.

yeah, after I posted I laughed. Got me with that one. I just want to get a lift so bad I am going freaking crazy!!! I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing here. Yeah cowboy, I hope weed chimes in here myself bud.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
OP
OP
C

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^that hood you have is awesome!!! where did you get it?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thanks man! Put alot of time and money into that hood!=P Glad you like it! It's called the "venom performance hood" It's made for the srt-10's but will fit pretty much any 3rd gen ram. Vent inserts on the sides, larger scoop than the srt-10 hoods. Actually directs air under the hood, lowering underhood temps by 10-30 degrees.
Bought it here :

Home Page

JTS Venom Performance

http://shop.jtsvp.com/product.sc?productId=491&categoryId=205

Here it is pre-paint :

Last edited:

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are also probably just as many people that say they have no issues what so ever with the 4" blocks. I've found a few just today. Hell, I looked at one 4by website where a guy had stacked 3" and a 4" block together!!!! Now that **** is crazy!!!!! I think you'll be fine with the 4", just don't get crazy like this guy with what has to be 12" tall blocks.

cell-phone-pictures-2-021.jpg

OP
OP
C

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you think cowboy? go for it or hold off and keep looking. I want more opinions on it but this is all I am really finding. It makes me wonder why cst is the only one that is making a lift for this truck. All of the tire and wheel specs concern me also.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
4" blocks are fine . i run them no problems . NEVER stack blocks .

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
to be honest i dont know **** about a 2wd trucks suspension . weed it the 2wd guy to ask , he will chime in im sure .

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say go for it. CST makes the kits but if I'm not mistaken I've seen a Fabtech kit for the '08 2wd but it's way to much and IMHO the quality in Fabtech just isn't there. If you get that tire and wheel combo we discussed you will be more than fine with the specs. No problems at all.

RH is more than right. NEVER EVER stack blocks. You're not doing that so don't worry about it.