Q for folks that know stuff about lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srt8dork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have been shopping for a bit and thought I'd made up my mind, but under the advisement of rubberfrog I have decided against the rancho 4in lift and was looking at procomp because they seem to be the only company makng lifts for my year...

6 inch Crossmember/Knuckle Lift Kit with MX-6 Shocks-RH3

this was the most expensive one, but I don't get what is special about it versus the other 4 that all say the same stuff, additionaly, why does this 6 in lift say max tire size is 35x12.5 but the 6in lifts further down the page say 37x12.5. ..... Aren't they both lifting the same height?

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that is a stage 2 kit from procomp.

the reason that one cost so much is because of the MX series coilovers they come with. there not just a spacer on top of your factory ones there completely new ones with better valving and stiffer coils.

they say only 35" because of flexing. 37's will fit but only if you drive it on street only and you are afraid of curbs.

ask anyone that actually has 6" of lift and theyll tell you 37's wont fit if you use your truck other than on road only.

35's are the safe way to go especially if you get a lift kit thats designed for offroad use like the stage 2 procomp.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I dunno about that. 37's hitting the body panels? Even with my puny level i can fit 35's. I haven't heard anyone telling me They would be toast if i go off-road. I think You would be fine with 37's. But hell I'm strictly just guessing. 6 in. of lift is well 6 in. of lift. imo.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run the procomp stage I kit. It is a true 6" lift on the 06+ trucks. I can't speak for the 02-05s.

* You can fit 37s, but you will rub off road. I realize some guys think off road is a dirt road. I'm talking about actually off roading where you might get a small bit of air, or hitting the dunes, or bouncing over some whoopdee doos. Something that actually flexes the suspension.

* The stage II mx shocks SUCK on the street. They are great off road, but they are extremely harsh on the street.

* The 06+ kits come with knuckles, diff drop brackets, tcase reindexing ring and spacer for the front driveshafts. Your cv angles will be flatter than stock.

OP
OP
S

srt8dork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
awesome, thamks a ton guys, sorry i took so long to respond, I am a geologist so I spend quite a bit of time off even the most remotely beaten trail, out here in the eastish i dont really have to do a lot of "rock climbing" but there is uneven rocky muddy terrain.

Night Runner, dude you are right down the road from me!! Do you have a hook up for metal because I weld too? I have been going to this American Metal Supply Co here in Louisville, they actually beat the prices of every other metal wholesaler etc that I found online.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
awesome, thamks a ton guys, sorry i took so long to respond, I am a geologist so I spend quite a bit of time off even the most remotely beaten trail, out here in the eastish i dont really have to do a lot of "rock climbing" but there is uneven rocky muddy terrain.

Night Runner, dude you are right down the road from me!! Do you have a hook up for metal because I weld too? I have been going to this American Metal Supply Co here in Louisville, they actually beat the prices of every other metal wholesaler etc that I found online.

not really, i just use what i can get and if i need sumthing specific i go to a fab shop near my dads house that he knows the owners. they give me pretty good deals. but I dont usually buy alot.

theres a few other guys that live down near you on DT, idk if theyve crossed over to here yet or not but I know there in the louisville area.

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
you could do 6'' suspension and 3'' body lift, then you'd clear 37's no problem off road

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
that zone kit is a damn good deal... anyone know how steep the cv angle is on the torsion bar trucks with that lift?
i would lift another 5-6'' but it barely fits in the garage as is..

OP
OP
S

srt8dork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well iwas necessarily lookin to clear 37's but if the kit I get could, then I would... Why not haha