Quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archeryguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got new wheels and tires for my 1500 4X4. 35X12.50's to be exact. I have the lift just not installed yet (next week I hope) so my question is, can I go ahead and put the 35's on tomorrow without the lift? I'm 100% sure it will rub at full turn, but is there anything else I need to worry about?

I am just a very anxious type of person and I want to put the parts on as I can but if its going to damge something I will just suck it up and wait.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the only thing you have to worry about it damaging is the inside of the tire if you didnt get wheels with enough backspacing and offset (how far the tire is pushed out) or the tire/wheel liner where it rubs.

I would probably just wait until you put the lift on, but if you are in such a rush you could throw them on and just chill with bumps, speedbumps, and turns. Pretty much all driving.

OP
OP
archeryguy07

archeryguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the only thing you have to worry about it damaging is the inside of the tire if you didnt get wheels with enough backspacing and offset (how far the tire is pushed out) or the tire/wheel liner where it rubs.

I would probably just wait until you put the lift on, but if you are in such a rush you could throw them on and just chill with bumps, speedbumps, and turns. Pretty much all driving.

I know, I know patience is a virtue. When they were handing it out they must have skipped me, ha!

Well the truck isnt a daily driver. I maybe drive it twice a week. But if the consensus is that I could damage something then its a no go. The last thing I wanna do is mess something up by being impatient.

They are 18X9's and they have 5" of backspacing.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you could swing it with 5in of backspacing and a negative offset. The stockers are like 5.75 or so of backspacing so you are clearing another 3/4in of room, but most recommend 4.5in of backspacing. If all else fails, go to autozone and get 1/4in spacers

I hear ya on the patience issue. I just got a $1500 beretta shotgun and that night, instead of heating the end of the barrel up I got pliars and decided I would unscrew the front bead like that. Well the glue was tougher than the weld. Broke it off the first night I had it. I was hunting monday and the gun fell into the mud, I shook it off and the barrel looked clean, instead of making sure I shot at a duck. $540 barrel expanded 1/4in at the end. patience is a virtue, and I wish I had it.

OP
OP
archeryguy07

archeryguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you could swing it with 5in of backspacing and a negative offset. The stockers are like 5.75 or so of backspacing so you are clearing another 3/4in of room, but most recommend 4.5in of backspacing. If all else fails, go to autozone and get 1/4in spacers

I hear ya on the patience issue. I just got a $1500 beretta shotgun and that night, instead of heating the end of the barrel up I got pliars and decided I would unscrew the front bead like that. Well the glue was tougher than the weld. Broke it off the first night I had it. I was hunting monday and the gun fell into the mud, I shook it off and the barrel looked clean, instead of making sure I shot at a duck. $540 barrel expanded 1/4in at the end. patience is a virtue, and I wish I had it.

Well I may try it then, hell I don't know. And man that sucks but I feel your pain brother, impatience has kicked my ass on more than one occasion!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Your gonna have to crank your bars to clear them and maybe trim some but idk.. look forward to seeing it all done.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You don't mention what wheels you got with your tires but, I know a lot of guys that just cranked there torsion bars to level the truck and are running 35's on the stock wheels with no issues at all.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don't mention what wheels you got with your tires but, I know a lot of guys that just cranked there torsion bars to level the truck and are running 35's on the stock wheels with no issues at all.

+1

I was running 35's with just being leveled, and some trimming.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh yea thats right, they changed the 07. But, a level kit should get you the same results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye