Shape of springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
2003 1500 qc shortbed 5.9 laramie all stock.

What shape should the springs be. Arched, flat, etc?
Weird question i know but mine are part reverse arch, part flat.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2003 1500 qc shortbed 5.9 laramie all stock.

What shape should the springs be. Arched, flat, etc?
Weird question i know but mine are part reverse arch, part flat.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Should be arched all the way except the bottom which is flat. Your's could stand re-arching. I just added some helper springs to the stack on my 05 for the same issue. Raised the butt up about 5 inches. Some expected due to the extra leaf thickness, and some just due to the arch angles. New leafs are about 400 to 450 each online so I sorta cheaped out, but an offroad shop may be able to re-arch them for you if you aren't looking for any lift.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few websites that sell stock less springs for under $200 each. But you can get helper springs for under $200 which includes both sides. So I guess it depends on how much you want to spend

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few websites that sell stock less springs for under $200 each. But you can get helper springs for under $200 which includes both sides. So I guess it depends on how much you want to spend

Yeah, maybe it was 450 for both. I bought a fabtech add-a-leaf kit for about 90 bucks out the door, cleaned up the stockers, and it looks brand new.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When my leafs gave up on me last spring, I had the master leaf replaced on 1 side and some secondary leafs replaced on both sides.

The garage I went charged me 400 including labor. They would charge me 700 if I wanted a complete new package and couldn't find anything under 450 including shipping in my neck of the woods... Seems shipping in Canada is so much better than anywhere else they charge you twice as much (being sarcastic of course)... I know you can get some much cheaper in the US and as mentionned earlier, some local spring shops will take them off and "Unbend them for you". However I was told that labor wise it is almost as costly as getting some new master leafs...