Shock help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
alright well im going up 3" in the front of my truck. I have a 2wd 2007 1500. I can only find shocks for the 03-05 that will work. Will these work on my truck or does anyone know any shocks that i can use. The stock ones will not work so i need lift of atleast 3" in a shock. I dont have any preferences on brands

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
According to Rancho's catalog, 02-08 should use the same shock as long as it's not a mega cab.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
if you dont have a prefrence in shock .. go to topgunzcustoms they will set ya up

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you buying a kit or just lift spindles? If you get a kit they should come with the new shocks or at least offer them.

Here's some pro comp shocks just look in the middle of the screen and change it from 0" lift on the drop down to 3". They show as being able to get them for pretty reasonable.

Explorer Pro Comp Procomp ES9000 Series-RH2

Here's the rancho one's they have it in a 4" lift which might work as well.

RS9000XL Series Shocks-RH2

You can call 4wheelparts and they could probably help you a little better.

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have another question then. Do you have shocks or struts? I thought for some reason in '06 they went to a strut system. I may be wrong. I know a guy with an 08 2wd and that's what he has.

OP
OP
Captain McGillycutty

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it has shocks that run through the coil. not to be mistaken that they are coil over because the do not connect

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope you do not have a 3" level for the front. If so, you are going to have major banging issues in the front. I have an 08 and went with 2.5" and that was hell.

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the cst lift for your year truck. Check out what it says about your shocks.

Dodge 2006+ Fullsize 2wd Lifts : CST 2006-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4" Lift
CST 2006-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4" Lift
This CST CSS-D1-1 4" spindle lift kit works with all 2006, 2007 and 2008 model year Dodge Ram 1500 2wd trucks and fits great. The CST 4" kit consists of a pair of CST 4" lift spindles and extended length front brake hoses. To complete this lift you may need to purchase a rear block kit and extended length rear shocks. Optional items include a 1" or 2" lift coil spring spacer and front shock absorbers.

The CST 4" lift spindles are made by hand from 1018 sheet steel and will lift the vehicle an honest 4.00 inches in the front and actually retain a stock like ride! The CST spindles are MUCH stronger than stock and also increase ground clearance under the front crossmember by a full four inches. CST Dodge Ram 1500 2x4 lift spindles provide clearance for larger tires and give your 2wd Ram 1500 more ground clearance than most lifted Ram 1500 4x4s! If 4" inches of lift is not enough, you can easily add a 1" or 2" urethane spring spacer to achieve 5" or 6" of total front end lift. This means you can build your own custom 4", 5", or 6 suspension lift for your Ram 1500 2wd to get it looking exactly how you want it!

This lift has been installed, tested, and successfully held an alignment with no installation or alignment issues typically found in some other lesser quality kits now on the market. Customers are also pleasantly surprised when they learn the truck rides as nice as it looks! This kit does NOT replace the coil springs and for this reason retains a very smooth and comfortable ride.

Ordering Information
To purchase a complete kit you must select from a number of options. The basic 4" kit includes ONLY the CST CSS-D1-1 lift spindle and extended length front brake hoses. You may need a 1" or 1.5" rear lift block kit to help level the truck front to rear. Rear shocks are NOT required when running a 1" or 1.5" rear block height. If you want a 5" or 6" front lift you will need to purchase the optional 1" or 2" urethane coil spring spacer AND a 2" or 3" rear lift block kit, and at minimum, extended length rear shock absorbers. Selecting the correct front lift height and rear lift block kit is important if you want to level your vehicle front to back. PerformanceLifts.com suggests you measure the difference in height between the front and rear when the truck is parked on level ground. Using the difference in height you can select a rear block kit that best provides the stance you want. For example... if your stock truck is 3.00 inches lower in the front than the rear, a 4" front lift would require a 1" rear block lift to sit level. So you would select a 1" rear block kit.

Tire & Wheel Info:
This kit will not work with factory wheels and larger than factory size tires. Aftermarket wheels with less back space than factory wheels are required. CST recommends using an 17" or larger diameter wheel that is 8" or 9" wide wheel with this kit. Wheel back space must not exceed 5.00" inches when running 17" or 18" diameter wheels. Customers running 20" or larger diameter wheels may use a wheel with up to 5.25" inches of back space.

Please read this! - Dodge engineers have designed the front suspension on this vehicle so that the front shock absorber is the only thing that limits the suspension travel. For this reason, stock length replacement shocks are required when installing this lift. Using a longer than stock front shock absorber will allow the front suspension to over-extend and this can cause the upper control arm to bang on the top of the frame rail. Also, over-extending the front suspension will quickly lead to upper ball-joint wear and eventually cause ball-joint failure. For these reasons, a stock length replacement shock is recommended. Again, STOCK LENGTH REPLACEMENT shocks must be used on the 2006+ Dodge Ram 1500 2wd truck to prevent upper control arm and ball-joint damage! The rear shock length we provide will be designed to work with the rear lift block kit you select. The CST and Rancho shocks bolt right on with no additional modifications required to install. This kit will not fit 2500 or 3500 series Ram trucks! Please note, this kit has been verified to fit the 2006, 2007 and 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd trucks with the new frame style

OP
OP
Captain McGillycutty

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well right now i have a 2" level and its not doing anything some im going to use the spring lift to bring the front then block the rear 1 1/2"