Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
should be good

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liters of fire breathing fury!
i would love to get my hands on some skid plates

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Last time I had skid plates they were on a nissan frontier . they came stock. just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RubberFrog

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whatever I end up doing will look nothing like a stock skid plate. Not interested in that look.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heres some pics for ya buddy. sorry it took so long to get them up here. i took some with my camera but them i cant find the camera now so i took some with my phone today.

IMG00294-20100703-1135.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0008.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0006.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0007.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0005.jpg

i designed my front mounts on the SP so that they would collapse and break if something hit the front end instead of being rigid and shoving all that force into the front cross member and causing more damage than there should be. and i didn't drill or weld anything to the truck. its completing bolt on and takes about 5 minutes to put on and take off.

i started with the lower cross member mounting position and bolted them on and started adding pieces and moving angles until i got it the way i wanted it. the hardest part was tacking the upper mounts in place then carefully taking the entire thing off without breaking a weld to fully weld it all up. that part was a PITA because of the lack of space.

hope this gives ya some ideas.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Now that is a mod to be proud of. In those pic's what are the font shocks? Aren't they yellow in color?

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now that is a mod to be proud of. In those pic's what are the font shocks? Aren't they yellow in color?

yep, those are the Bilstein HD's. Since i have a 2.5" level i didnt need the 5100's. they only go to 2" and the valving is the same in them, just differant color bodys.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Cool , I never looked any farther than the 5100's, l knew what I needed and when I saw them , that was it. lol.

OP
OP
RubberFrog

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i designed my front mounts on the SP so that they would collapse and break if something hit the front end instead of being rigid and shoving all that force into the front cross member and causing more damage than there should be. and i didn't drill or weld anything to the truck. its completing bolt on and takes about 5 minutes to put on and take off.

i started with the lower cross member mounting position and bolted them on and started adding pieces and moving angles until i got it the way i wanted it. the hardest part was tacking the upper mounts in place then carefully taking the entire thing off without breaking a weld to fully weld it all up. that part was a PITA because of the lack of space.

Thanks man. Those pics help a lot!

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heres some pics for ya buddy. sorry it took so long to get them up here. i took some with my camera but them i cant find the camera now so i took some with my phone today.

IMG00294-20100703-1135.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0008.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0006.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0007.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0005.jpg

Nice work! You could get a side business going lol

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I would buy one for sure

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I need one with the same graphics please!!:Big Laugh:

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks guys, if i had the time to build that kinda stuff anymore id look into it, between my skidplate and my steps ive had alot of people want a set.

Steps1.jpg

Steps2.jpg

Steps3.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01125.jpg

OH, and heres how my skidplate first was made, before i decided i didnt like the loss of ground clearance and cut it up to make the one i have now.

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need one with the same graphics please!!:Big Laugh:

i made those graphics by free hand :artist1:

I would buy one for sure

the problem with making them is that i made mine ON the truck as i went. and mine has a 3" BL. so the height would have to be the same. between the cross member and the bumper mounting points.

Last edited: