Spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm tired of reading about all the things that people have go wrong with coil spacers, I've decided I'm just going to go with the spindles, sounds safer. Who has spindles and where did you get them/do you like it? I'm open to all options just not really looking to do a lift, more a level. Thanks

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i hate my coil spacers. they have caused me a number of headaches. mainly destroying upper ball joints. i have been wanting a set of spindles for a long time now. they give you the couple inches you want, and keep all front end components at stock geometry. if i finally save up the $$ ill be getting a set from topguncustomz

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Im assuming you mean for lowering your truck? I lowered mine with spindles from McGaughy's. Awesome company and kit! It was meant for a 4X2, but I altered the spindles by notching them a lil with a grinder so I could fit my lower control arms. Works great man, I definately recommend it! I wanted a 2/4.5 drop, and it dropped perfectly. They have 2/4.5, 3/5, and 4/6's. Check them out!

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive never heard a bad thing about the spindles....the ones i always post are from airbagit.com....they are the 3in doestch (or w/e) spindles for $299

And supposedly we can switch R and L brake lines and the angles give us enough room so we dont have to buy new ones

OP
OP
CaliDodgeRam

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt, did you but new control arms, or brake lines when you got the spindles, those are the exact ones I'm looking at, did you do the install yourself, Do you sit higher in the front now than in the back?

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Matt, did you but new control arms, or brake lines when you got the spindles, those are the exact ones I'm looking at, did you do the install yourself, Do you sit higher in the front now than in the back?

I dont have them, kinda planning a crossmember lift if i end up keeping the truck. A guy with a 2007 2wd (obviously) just bought them and installed and I asked him quite a few questions. They do not require new control arms, and he flipped his brake lines from R to L and vise versa. The way they are designed lets them fit tight on the right side, but when put on the opposite they give 3 or 4 extra inches of room.

The guy helped another guy install them, wasnt too bad. And 3in will be damn near level, my 2.5in level had me close but not there

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
let me know if I can help, and Im excited to see your install

please take pics, etc of the install

OP
OP
CaliDodgeRam

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok sounds good proably won't get around to the actual install though till after the god...blessed holidays, so much to do!

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
man, you 1/2 ton guys are lucky. cheapest spindles i can find for my truck are $700, but they do come with new brake lines, and are 3.5"

edit: $700 is after my military discount.

Last edited: