tires

which tires? Leveled

• Nitto Mud Grappler 33 12.50 18

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a few questions and im looking for some opinions guys...

im going to be getting 18" black XD Spys

first question is what backspacing and offset do I need? I want the tires to stick out a little bit because im going to be putting bushwacker flares on and I love the look when the tires are sticking out.

Second question is which tires, ive been looking at 3 and cant make up my mind, Toyo Open Country M/T, Nitto Trail Grappler or Nitto Mud Grappler(love the look)

And my third lol what size if I just level it with TGC 2.5" level. 33/12.50 18 or 35/12.50 18? I decided to just level instead of the 6" lift I want for now so I can still fit it in my garage. Im in the process of building a bigger garage that a lifted truck will fit in so in a year or so i'll probably end up lifting it.

thanks for any help guys :) Im adding a poll for fun

Oh and just so you know this is not my daily driver, I've only put 1000 miles on it since I bought it in october.

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
look at Wendy's truck (bigbad1500) - she's running 34s on a 2.5" level - I think it looks great, not stuffed. If that isn't an option, I'd go 33s, I think 35s would be a bit stuffed on a leveled truck.

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
look at Wendy's truck (bigbad1500) - she's running 34s on a 2.5" level - I think it looks great, not stuffed. If that isn't an option, I'd go 33s, I think 35s would be a bit stuffed on a leveled truck.

yup your right I just seen some pics of a white 08 with 35's on stock 20's on DT and it def looks stuffed. I guess that makes my mind up 33's it is until im lifted lol

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
well, don't rule out 34s. :D

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Marx how bad do they hit your inner fenders? I can get 35-12.50-17s cheap that have bout 2k miles on them from a company that rotates em out alot.

archeryguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I love my lift. But I will give you a few pointers if you go this way.

1. When you get it take everything out of the boxes and make sure you have ALL the bolt packs. Also make sure all the nuts and bolts are in the packs and you aren't missing 1 or 2 (I was). Called Rough Country, they overnight shipped what I needed. No biggie, they are great to work with and very helpful.

2. The 5-6 hour install time...yeah right. Maybe if you have a lift in your garage and you are a seasoned pro with suspension. It took me and my buddy 10-11 hours. But it was worth it!

So thats all the advice I have to give you on that. It was a blast hanging out and turning wrenches with my buddy and the end result is amazing! At least in my opinion, but hey I am a little biased! So if you have the extra cash and the time, I would put the lift and some 35's on that Storm Trooper of yours!!

Good luck on deciding what to do!

archeryguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, I have seen alot of guys on here saying if they could do it over they would do a lift instead of a level. This is strictly what I have read though so I'm not claiming to know first hand, but they say a level is HELL on ball joints. Just something else to consider.

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, I have seen alot of guys on here saying if they could do it over they would do a lift instead of a level. This is strictly what I have read though so I'm not claiming to know first hand, but they say a level is HELL on ball joints. Just something else to consider.

thanks for all your advice man...your truck looks awsome! Hows does it ride now compared to stock? Im really thinking im going to go with a 6" lift and 35's now I just wont be able to fit in the garage lol

archeryguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for all your advice man...your truck looks awsome! Hows does it ride now compared to stock? Im really thinking im going to go with a 6" lift and 35's now I just wont be able to fit in the garage lol

No problem man, I can't give you much advice but I'll do what I can. As far as the ride quality it is a little stiffer now and it has a very slight shimmy in the steering wheel at about 60-65, but, every vehicle I have ever driven with big mud tires has had that same shimmy. Also if you do lift it make sure you take it to a reputable front end shop. I took mine to the best in our area and it took them an hour and fifteen minutes to align the damn thing. One more thing, you better make damn sure that a suspension lift is what you want. The reason is, on all the ones I looked at, 4 to be exact, you have to cut a little bit on the frame. Mainly on the rear crossmember mount. Unless you can weld the piece back on that you cut off(I don't know if it is possible) then the lift is pretty much permanent. There is just a couple more things to consider.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
I have the rockstars with the toyo mts in 33x12.50r20. they look small on there. easily could fit 35s. it looked really bad with 33's

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't know much about the Nitto Trail Grapplers so, can't help you out with those. The Nitto Mud Grapplers I have heard are very noisy and do not last very long.

If your looking to go with A/T's, I would suggest the Nitto Terra Grapplers or Toyo Open Country A/T's, if your leaning for M/T's then Toyo M/T's win hands down.

They are an excellent tire, ride very smooth and are actually very quiet on the road. I am very pleased with them, other people I know that are running them think the same thing about there ride and can not believe how quiet they are for a M/T tire.

I have run Nitto Terra Grapplers and they are a very nice aggressive tread tire and they also ride very smooth.

I presently run the Toyo A/T's on my daily driver and the Toyo M/T's on my truck, I am very pleased with the performance of both of them.

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks for the help guys. i think I made a decision finally lol all I have to figure out now is lift or level. I thinking lift since I dont want the 35's to look tucked and my buddy has a mega thats lifted on 35's and it looks great. I also changed my mind about 18's Im going to be getting 20's. Heres some pics of the wheel/tire setup im going with. Not the exact ones, I havent ordered them yet I should have them by the first week of february though.

Should look good on a white truck?

XDSpyBMToyo1.jpg
XDSpyBMToyo4.jpg

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
You should see about getting those tires siped when you order them...especially if you will be using them on snow or ice....

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Good choice in tires , I had mudgraplers and hated them .. loud , and lasted 3-4k miles . Not a good tire for roads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye