Torsion Key Light NEED HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brantner22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Ok, so today I turned my torsion keys to level the front end of my 2003 Ram. Well I measured both front ends before I turned the bolts and then after. The driver side was 37" and the passenger side was 38 1/4" at stock height. Is this common to be that different?? Or should the numbers be the same height on both sides??

What I ended up doing was turn the driver side bolt 7 full turns, which gave me 38 1/2" from 37" and the passenger side I only did 4 full turns and now it's equal to the driver side at 38 1/2" from 38 1/4". I don't understand why I didn't have to turn both bolts the same amount on each side?

So basically my question is should both sides read the same measurements or should I just turn each side until I gain the desired extra 2" on top of the stock numbers 37" and 38 1/4". I want to go 2" total and so far I've only gained 1 1/2" on the driver side and 1/4" on the passenger side.

How many turns have you guys did and how many inches did you get??

Thanks guys!

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You're fine. Many factors as to why the driver side will almost always be lower, fuel tank, driver, etc. Even them out (as you did) and call it a day, well after you get some new shocks.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I agree make them even. Don't forget to get an alignment now