Upper control arms for new 4.5" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jatsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all! I'm getting the maxtrac 4.5 inch lift and I was wondering what kind of upgraded front upper control arms you guys have out there any suggestions that you may have that can help me with this lift because I know that there's a problem when you lift the front the upper control arm ball joint ends up popping out and I would like to find a good upgraded aftermarket but can't find anything for our trucks 03 ram 1500 2wd thanKS!

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
You don't need new upper control arms for that kit. A new spindle is all that it is. The rest of the suspension stays the same.

OP
OP
J

Jatsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Thanks Derekp! I was reading this thread and that guy installed some adjustable bilstein shocks. I thought I'd have the same issues. But thanks! I'll probably just get some mevotech uppers and lowers since I get a good deal on them anyways and min are original and need serious attention but still rides like a dream!

http://www.ramforum.com/f40/help_i_want_level_front_end_-_upper_control_arm_issue-46572/index2.html

Okay you're looking at different stuff then. Maxtrac, from what I understand, only makes lift kits for 2wd trucks. You can only get adjustable shocks, or struts rather, for a 4wd truck. So is your truck a 2wd or a 4wd?