What to do? Need to decide today on a lift!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, so I'm wanting to buy my lift kit today. Ideally, I'd like to get a 6" kit, but when I called Fabtech to talk about it they all but talked me out of getting the kit. For starters, the back is only lifted 2". So it's actually 6" in the front, 2" in the rear. Another dilemma, for the past year and a half, they've been making a new arm for the kit that is part #44115. If the kit I get has this part number in it, I can't run my factory wheels no matter what. I had planned on running my factory 20s for a few months until I get my new wheels and tires. Seeing that this kit is $1700, I decided to explore a little.

My next in line option would be the Zone 5" lift. This kit lifts the front 5" and the rear 3". At $1195, this kit is a lot more friendly on the pocket book too! I still need to call them and see about running my factory 20s. Does anyone here run this lift and if so what are your thoughts?

I also looked into Rough Country. This kit is 4-5.5" front and 3" rear. I called their tech support and the guy was a total tool. We were talking about the kit for 3 to 4 minutes and all the sudden he asks me "what kit are we talking about?" I did manage to find out that you can run the factory 20s with a small spacer, but I've heard mixed feelings in regards to this kit. Some say they love it and the local truck shop here told me they install them all the time. But then I've also heard that their kits are junk. Thoughts on this?

I know there are a few more expensive kits out there, but at this point I'm wondering if the Zone kit would do the trick and I could literally save $1000 by sacrificing an inch up front which I could probably make up with the torsion bars anyway. What would you guys do?

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most kits don't raise the rear that high, unless you get the BDS kit. When I was at All Truck Nationals in Carlisle PA over the summer,there was a guy there with the Zone kit. Seems to be a very solid kit. (Now keep in mind I have an 06 and you have an 05). The other thing you can do it just Get different leaf springs for the rear. This is what I am probably going to do. Also check out Top Gunz Customs.

OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Dan, well I went ahead and ordered the Zone kit. It's a 5" front, 3" rear kit including shocks. They were very helpful, friendly and didn't make you feel like you were annoying them with questions. The kit will work with my stock 20s and seeing that I saved $500 vs. the Fabtech lift, I'll have my new wheels and tires sooner than I had originally expected. So now I've got both the PA body lift and the suspension lift in the mail! I'll most likely be installing both this coming weekend. I'll post lots of pictures!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
When i did my kit i didnt want the sag in the rear so i got the same size in the rear as the front . a true 6" front and back and i retained my load cap . the rear stands 1 inch taller in the rear for towing ect . Just like stock

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Also make sure in the suspension kit it comes with ALL parts needed . most dont

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Dan, well I went ahead and ordered the Zone kit. It's a 5" front, 3" rear kit including shocks. They were very helpful, friendly and didn't make you feel like you were annoying them with questions. The kit will work with my stock 20s and seeing that I saved $500 vs. the Fabtech lift, I'll have my new wheels and tires sooner than I had originally expected. So now I've got both the PA body lift and the suspension lift in the mail! I'll most likely be installing both this coming weekend. I'll post lots of pictures!

Sweet! I am leaning towards the Zone kit. I need to see if I can work a sponsorship. :********:

OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Dan, this kit was only $1256.35 shipped. It's a complete kit, the only thing it didn't include was shock boots which are only a couple bucks. I'll let you know what I think of the quality once I get it.

RH, if it sags I'll raise the rear more to compensate. You'd think that the Fabtech kit would definitely sag considering its a 6" front, 2" rear kit.

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
sweet! this is the kit i'm looking at if i decide to lift... i havent found too many reviews on rams so i'm looking forward to yours.. ;)

OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sweet! this is the kit i'm looking at if i decide to lift... i havent found too many reviews on rams so i'm looking forward to yours.. ;)

Right on man. Well for starters, I'm already blown away by their customer service and that's not to mention their 23 page detailed instruction sheet and the fact that the whole kit is American made! Check out this instruction sheet! Most instruction sheets are just a general overview, but this is very detailed.

http://zoneoffroad.com/Instructions/D2500.pdf

I'll keep you posted on the quality of the parts, fitment and ride.