What wheel is needed for lift? / Best all terrain tire, longest lasting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

81bigbrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys/gals, I was just wondering if anybody knows what wheel size and backspacing is needed for a 4" lift.

I plan on running a rancho 4" bracket lift on my 2004 QC 4x4 and I know that the factory 20's will not be compatible. I plan on using the Mickey Thompson 17x9 classic baja locks. Just not sure what backspacing is needed.

I would also like to know what is the best all terrain tire that you guys are using. I'm a big fan of the bfg all terrains and have them on my jeep now.
I'm looking for a good tire that will last longer. I know some manufacturers claim that their tires can go 40k of 50k, but what is your experience? What tires are you running, how long did they or do they last?

Thanks in advance.

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Welcome to RF!

I don't know anything about lifts, but it seems odd that stock wheels would not work after a lift. Hopefully, someone else will jump in.

As far as tires, the BFG AT is a good one. I can't really see you going wrong with them. Lots of folks on here like Nitto Terra Grappler AT. I'm running Goodyear Duratracs and have read about folks who have gotten good mileage life out of them (50k+) when rotated regularly.

If you like the BFGs, I'd probably stay with them. If you're looking for something different, check out these others.

Good luck.

Rok

OP
OP

81bigbrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, my buddy has the duratracs on his mega cab too, but he hasn't had them long enough to know how long they will last. I found some Toyo open country A/T's that are priced well and they have a nice tread pattern. They claim to last 65K miles. Has anybody run these tires ?