what would you do first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say wait until you have money to do lift wheels and tires and exhaust all at once.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just depends how big the pocket book is, sometimes you just have to do a little bit at a time.

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ not a pocket book......... more like a change purse at this point lol

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i say lift the exhaust aint that much u can get it done at luckys in delmar for 300. u gonna go body lift? if so let me know i would be willing to help as i want to add a body lift eventually.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
at least he didnt say fanny pack

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lmao, i see enough of that in the summer with the tourons...... big negative ghost rider. but hey, if hulk hogan can rock one......NA!

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so i went and talked to the shop about my exhaust. gonna be about 125 to have it dumped before the fender. was just going to do that until i decided on how i was going to lift a little more. while i was there, the guy at first wanted to argue with me about how many cats i had. he swore up and down i only had one(had worked on earlier models). after that got straightened out, we started talking back pressure and torque. he suggested that i run a dual set up with two mufflers. i already have a magnaflow y and cherry bomb extreme. want the magnaflow y put in (had to persuade him there was room to fit the y). so new y to cherry bomb single in dual out. duals 45'd out the back. which set up do you guys think would be best?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
CB is loud ... I had one to loud for me

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i went and talked to the shop about my exhaust. gonna be about 125 to have it dumped before the fender. was just going to do that until i decided on how i was going to lift a little more. while i was there, the guy at first wanted to argue with me about how many cats i had. he swore up and down i only had one(had worked on earlier models). after that got straightened out, we started talking back pressure and torque. he suggested that i run a dual set up with two mufflers. i already have a magnaflow y and cherry bomb extreme. want the magnaflow y put in (had to persuade him there was room to fit the y). so new y to cherry bomb single in dual out. duals 45'd out the back. which set up do you guys think would be best?

You're better off with a si/do then dual mufflers. And don't listen to the exhaust shop guys. They always act like they're an expert on every vehicle out there. They know as much as the stealership guys do.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive got a maggy SI/DO dumped right before the axle and I like it. It sounds good from the outside and virtually no drone. Compared to the straits from before its silent

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like it loud though that's why I got the extreme =0). I figured the true duals would be less back pressure and less torque. I got him a couple times walkin in there known what I was talkin about. I was amused by it

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You could run a mag y then a cut out with a single in dual out mild muffer so you will have the best of both worlds and change it when you want.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like it loud though that's why I got the extreme =0). I figured the true duals would be less back pressure and less torque. I got him a couple times walkin in there known what I was talkin about. I was amused by it

False. It will give less backpressure but no real change in torque. Better mpg though!

I had straits and got better MPGs than with this Magnaflow but not anything worth ranting about. The torque "feeling" is the engine recouping the pressure with gas. I dont remember the specifics though.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Better in than out ..... shreck

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was yours straigh(h style)? Way the guy was talkin about running it was following how the factory exhaust runs.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was yours straigh(h style)? Way the guy was talkin about running it was following how the factory exhaust runs.

Yea mine ran the same way as the stock exhaust with an X pipe. An "H" pipe isnt quite as efficient as the "X" higher in the RPM range and the "X" isnt as efficient in the low end. The "H" is a little louder too.

It also depends on the muffler you use (if you use one). For a less baffled muffler use an X, or for something like a flowmaster a H.

Obviously the X is going to allow the exhaust gasses to equalize a little more thus decreasing backpressure. Probably better MPGs. So it depends on what u want