wobble while breaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so when i step on the breaks to stop, it almost feels like the front end is hopping. not real violent, but enough that i notice it. front shocks are less than a year old and the rears are brand new, bilsteins front and rear. any ideas?

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
rotors. pads are good still plenty of meat. squeak a little when gently breaking like at lights. but other than that they are ok

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
this might sound weird, but you wanna start with having your rear rotors checked for run out.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
No problem...if you have a micrometer you can check for run out and warpage yourself...I once had run out on a rotor so bad I didnt even need one to find it...

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
definitly get it taken care off asap because the more warped that rotor gets the less likely it is that a shop will be able to machine it and you have to buy a new one!

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
definitly get it taken care off asap because the more warped that rotor gets the less likely it is that a shop will be able to machine it and you have to buy a new one!

I know it us a common practice to machine rotors. But for what a new set cost I usually go that way. Plus upgrade if possible. Stopping is more important than going. My 2 cents.

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this might make me sound really stupid, but so be it lol. will the rear wheels turn by hand? i've tried before and it catches. gonna see if i can rent a run out tool and do it myself. are we thinking it's the rear?

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok though so just checkin. Well advance doesn't rent the tool. Damn it