Is This Worth 8K?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I've been looking for an alternative (besides 5100's) to get rid of the covered wagon ride ball joint failure in my truck. I have been looking more on the performance side, I already know that my leafs are done so those will go along with it. Just wondering if this kit is worth the 8K selling point or if there's something out there that's more wallet friendly, everything I look for is only offered for the HD's or 4th gen 1500's...

3.0" CHASE SERIES LONG TRAVEL SYSTEM

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Pure Performance does build very good quality stuff. They've just started making kits for the Ram 1500's which is probably why you haven't heard of them. But they've been around the HD truck world for quite some time. I was looking at their 8" kit for my truck for quite some time but then they stopped making 8" kits (top out at 6" now) so I went elsewhere.

$8k seems pretty steep even for what that kit does include. IMO that kit should be more around the $5-6k mark but obviously I'm not the one that's put the R&D into it and needs to recoup money.

OP
OP
SilverStreak88

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Pure Performance does build very good quality stuff. They've just started making kits for the Ram 1500's which is probably why you haven't heard of them. But they've been around the HD truck world for quite some time. I was looking at their 8" kit for my truck for quite some time but then they stopped making 8" kits (top out at 6" now) so I went elsewhere.

$8k seems pretty steep even for what that kit does include. IMO that kit should be more around the $5-6k mark but obviously I'm not the one that's put the R&D into it and needs to recoup money.
Thanks for the feedback - like I said, I would spend some money, but not that much. I just want some good suspension under my truck to eliminate the rough roads around my area that I drive everyday, but will perform in off road conditions as well. What really turned me on to it was the upper & lower CA's along with new leafs, I've never been a fan of blocks and the ball joints are getting tiresome now.

Sent From The Automotive Proof S5

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From my short time being here I have come to realize if anyone knows about suspension it's brandonjansen!

I also just realized you have a 2007 and I need to pay more attention to which forum I am posting in.

Hope you don't mind my 2 cents!

OP
OP
SilverStreak88

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
From my short time being here I have come to realize if anyone knows about suspension it's brandonjansen!

I also just realized you have a 2007 and I need to pay more attention to which forum I am posting in.

Hope you don't mind my 2 cents!
Non sense - 2nd, 3rd, 4th... doesn't matter, we're here to converse and learn. I'm always open to any and all opinions, thoughts and input.

Sent From The Automotive Proof S5

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks like the same kit is $6k for Gen 4. More sales to recoup R&D in the newer trucks likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk