Zone offroad body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave08sxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7v6
I've searched the site and can't really find what I'm looking for. I was looking at the Zone D9345 kit. On their page it says it's for V8 models only, I sent them an email and they confirmed that it's for a V8 only and they don't currently produce one for a V6 model. I was looking through the instructions and can't see what would make it V8 only, unless it's got to do with the air intake extension or something unseen.

So my question to everyone here, those of you that are running the Zone kit what if anything did you find that made it V8 only. Or if there is someone that has used the kit to lift a 3rd gen V6 model please pass it on. Thanks for the help

OP
OP
D

dave08sxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7v6
Yah if you go to that link and click on the important notes tab under the picture:

This system fits all cab configurations
This body lift works with vehicles equipped with automatic transmission only!
This system works with V8 equipped vehicles only!
Will not fit Mega-Cab models.

so maybe there's something I'm missing but I figured with all the different ram owners on here I'm sure there's been plenty of discussion of all the little differences between body and engines. I know the jeep clubs in the past there was wide array of knowledge between models, and what can be used and upgraded from one to the other.

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
I wonder why V8 only I can't think of anything that would make a difference. I mean I skipped a few steps even.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone got pics of the side of their truck? I'd like to see how much frame is exposed. Before and after would be great, but with is good.

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
Has there been any update on this? I'm interested to see the side and rear pictures before/after.

I found a killer deal on the Performance Accessories PLS605 5" Premium Lift System Kit that includes gap guards. The kit is a 3" body lift with a 2" leveling kit (which I won't need because I already have one, so if you need a Gen3 Leveling Kit make me an offer).

Also, what are you guys using for running boards? I already have a 4.5" spindle lift, so I'll be lifted a total of 7.5" after the body lift install and I'm not exactly growing any taller lately. Will there be a gap between the steps and the body of the truck? Here's a before pic, the after pic will come in a couple weeks and hopefully include 37s...hehe

You can use running boards that are body mounted and there won't be a gap since it's going up with the body. Factory Mopar steps are body mounted.