**How to wire flush mount reverse lights**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06ram15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed a set of flush mount lights off of ebay. I mounted them but could not figure out the wiring. I spliced the power wire to the white wire with the green stripe coming out of tail light and the black wire to the black ground wire on the tail lights. They lights did not work. Any help?
Thanks

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll have to get in there with a meter and see which wire has 12v when in reverse, and which wire is the ground. Just because the wire is black, doesn't mean it's a ground.

From what I'm seeing, the 12v reverse wire should be white/light green (not white/dark green; this is the blinker) and the ground is black/dark green. Or just make a new ground to the body for the new lights.

Last edited:

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I installed a set of flush mount lights off of ebay. I mounted them but could not figure out the wiring. I spliced the power wire to the white wire with the green stripe coming out of tail light and the black wire to the black ground wire on the tail lights. They lights did not work. Any help?
Thanks

Ground the lights to the truck.

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ground the lights to the truck, use the wire for the factory reverse light to trigger a relay to run the add-on lights.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ground the lights to the truck, use the wire for the factory reverse light to trigger a relay to run the add-on lights.

This is the best way. I was assuming they were LEDs but now looking back it doesn't say. If they are not led lights then yes a relay would be the best way so the reverse circuit isn't overloaded.