07 HEMI Brakes Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josephmx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I'm new here or joined over a year ago but have not been here much. I recently bought and installed new brake pads and rotors but the wrong rotors were sent so I re-installed the old ones to use until the right ones arrived. The brakes started grinding as soon as I put them back together and by the time the new ones got here they were starting to lock up on me. one of the pistons on the drivers side caliper would not go back in. I believe it was on the edge of popping out so I bought two new calipers.
This is where things went bad; While changing out the first one I had a call and had to go inside. I was gone over an hour and when I returned all the brake fluid drained out of the master cylinder in to the pan I had below. I changed both the calipers and decided to call the "mymechanic" mobile service to have them bleed the system for me after reading about issues and procedures if the master goes dry while bleeding. He told me (and showed me) that the brake pedal went to the floor after he bled the brakes and quoted me $300.00 for a new power booster which, according to him was the problem.
I have been all over the internet, bought a subscription to a site offering Mitchell1 repair manuals access. Not one place I have found mentioned the power booster being the reason for pedal traveling to the floor. and there seem to be options as to what could cause this to suddenly happen. Everything worked good before this. I was pricing boosters and master cylinders which I figured if its going to be apart I may as well do that as well so everything is new on the front and will be under the hood. I have not been able to use my truck for two weeks and need help figuring this all out. I do not think the guy bled the master cylinder and according to what I read it requires removing both brake lines to bleed them at the opening where the brake lines go into the master cylinder with a special adapter and hand held vacuum bleeder.

any advice on what to try or how to do this correctly would be awesome. also; the one brake line that comes out of the master goes to a part mounted behind the battery, then to a junction and on to the rear, the other one goes straight to the front brakes through a junction box. (Not sure about anti-lock)

Its an 07 1500, HEMI. the new parts I bought are all "Power Stop" through Amazon (Pads, Rotors and Calipers).