1 Day Paint and Body - does Crappy Work!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You would think with all the unemployment that any company that gives a $hit ought to be able to find and retain people who want to do good work.

So what do we conclude? This company doesn't give a $hit!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
much better. I would love to get mine repainted

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! It's tempting to get some mods done on mine.
I'd love to shave that giant Ram's head. UGH

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thank you everybody. Its raining cats and dogs so I'll try and snap a few later.

You would think with all the unemployment that any company that gives a $hit ought to be able to find and retain people who want to do good work.

So what do we conclude? This company doesn't give a $hit!

I did talk to the main guy in california and he did not want to see any pic's which I did not understand.
Though he keep insisting I should take it back but to another location. I said hell no I don't feel comfortable taking back to any of their shops. So yes I concluded they don't give a crap. And yes you would think good work is top of the list for any business.

The guy at Hoffmantown was in shock when saw the truck. And they did amazing work. They definitely know what quality means.

much better. I would love to get mine repainted

Dude, your truck is still brand new. And looks AWESOME, why not claybar the heck out of it then use some carnuba wax - you'll be happy trust me.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you ever get anything back from the first painter (if you can call them that)? What did your judge buddy say?

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is no way in hell a company should return the truck like that, they must have been high off their ass's when they did your truck! WTF!

Did you pay before or after the truck was painted?

fla crkr 1 ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 [360]
If I may ask why didn't you take it to the second place in the first place? I had the same thing happen to me, so I know your shock I was in Homestead Fla.[I was stationed there in the early 80s] I took my 76 C10 short bed 4X4 mud truck for paint [can't remember name of shop] I got it back several days later in general overall was ok [for a mud truck] then I went to the passenger side and to my horror the entire bed side top to bottom front to back looked like a vinyl top, they assured me they could fix it but had to wait till it dried first, I went back a week later to make sure they could fix it and saw their painter---- the dude had one leg- YES I SAID ONE LEG- he hopped around the car to paint it, I suppose he painted the outside of my truck then hopped in the bed [that he was not supposed to paint anyway] and painted it dragging the hose down one side! Went back at the 30 day period to get it fixed and --------------- they was closed up, gone!!!! Yes I had paid first, since then I have never paid for anything till its done!!!!!!!

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Did you ever get anything back from the first painter (if you can call them that)? What did your judge buddy say?

Well he said the fight I would have in court is that the main guy did offer to fix it for free. So he advised against it but he did say it was bs.

There is no way in hell a company should return the truck like that, they must have been high off their ass's when they did your truck! WTF!

Did you pay before or after the truck was painted?

After. I saw it from far away and it looked fine. After I payed I got in and drove home. After I got home and took a look at the whole thing I was like wtf. So ya - stupid on my part.

If I may ask why didn't you take it to the second place in the first place? I had the same thing happen to me, so I know your shock I was in Homestead Fla.[I was stationed there in the early 80s] I took my 76 C10 short bed 4X4 mud truck for paint [can't remember name of shop] I got it back several days later in general overall was ok [for a mud truck] then I went to the passenger side and to my horror the entire bed side top to bottom front to back looked like a vinyl top, they assured me they could fix it but had to wait till it dried first, I went back a week later to make sure they could fix it and saw their painter---- the dude had one leg- YES I SAID ONE LEG- he hopped around the car to paint it, I suppose he painted the outside of my truck then hopped in the bed [that he was not supposed to paint anyway] and painted it dragging the hose down one side! Went back at the 30 day period to get it fixed and --------------- they was closed up, gone!!!! Yes I had paid first, since then I have never paid for anything till its done!!!!!!!

Well, I was trying to save some money so I could pick up some of them retractable steps and a few other mods. Lessen learned if its too cheap then its too good to be true.

Hoffmantown also shaved my antenna and tailgate handle and it looks great. I also need to make an appointment with Smiths ultimate lining so I can get me bed sprayed. Then I have my x2000 waiting for me to install it.

My apologize I still did not take any pic's. Still raining, hopefully tomorrow after work.

Last edited: