35" Trail Grapps - what PSI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

205 Daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi.

Did a search prior to posting, sorry I could not find the information.

I have 35x12.50x20 Trail Grapplers on Fuel Octane's. What's the best PSI to run these guys at for optimal wear? Currently, they are at 30. So many conflicting suggestions on other sites, some as low as 28, all the way to 60. Just trying to get these to last and would rather sacrifice fuel mileage over tires any day.

Thanks!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
run them at whatever pressure that gives you an even contact patch on the road. I'm not beaing a smart ass, that is what i do. I also rotae every oil change

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
pressure depends on your altitude also.

Here in NB canada I am running my 35x12.5 Toyo MT's at 34-35psi, feel its the best wearing pressure for them, 25000km and tires arent showing signs of chopping, center wear, or outer wear, so Ill keep them there!

Also proper rotating is KEY. like mentioned above I rotate every oil change and every 3-4 oil changes I also get an aligment, usually isnt out but still worth the 60$ to not have tires go to **** in a few thousand Km

just my 0.02$

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
pressure depends on your altitude also.

Here in NB canada I am running my 35x12.5 Toyo MT's at 34-35psi, feel its the best wearing pressure for them, 25000km and tires arent showing signs of chopping, center wear, or outer wear, so Ill keep them there!

Also proper rotating is KEY. like mentioned above I rotate every oil change and every 3-4 oil changes I also get an aligment, usually isnt out but still worth the 60$ to not have tires go to **** in a few thousand Km

just my 0.02$

Slight derailing ahead...

What is the proper rotation? The X method or front to back?

How often do you get your tires balanced?

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Slight derailing ahead...

What is the proper rotation? The X method or front to back?

How often do you get your tires balanced?

I use the X method (front tires straight back, rears to the front but flipped sides) and while the tires are off the truck they go on the balancer (helps to have a brother who's a mechanic so the only thing I pay for is wheel weights, oil and filter) rest is couple beer haha

If I can get the MT's balanced to 0.50 or less I did good.

I have a buddy who always buys 5 rims and 5 tires when he buys them, and when he rotates his tires he rotates his spare in with it, his thinking is he gets 25% more life out of the full set, full size spare worn down the same as the rest (if he has a blowout don't have to replace 2 tires)

Last edited:

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I use the X method (front tires straight back, rears to the front but flipped sides) and while the tires are off the truck they go on the balancer (helps to have a brother who's a mechanic so the only thing I pay for is wheel weights, oil and filter) rest is couple beer haha

If I can get the MT's balanced to 0.50 or less I did good.

I have a buddy who always buys 5 rims and 5 tires when he buys them, and when he rotates his tires he rotates his spare in with it, his thinking is he gets 25% more life out of the full set, full size spare worn down the same as the rest (if he has a blowout don't have to replace 2 tires)

Yeah, you are lucky to have a brother who is a mechanic so you can do that yourself. I get mine rotated and balanced for free here since I bought the tires from them.

Interesting theory from your friend, I just make sure my spare is full of air and good to go and that's about it. lol

OP
OP
205 Daytona

205 Daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the numbers.

I do rotate tires every 4K, with the oil change. Just not this Daytona, as I recently picked it up. Look like they are wearing very evenly, but did not want to cause any unnecessary wear if they were underinflated. Tread depth is around 15/32nds on all 4. Was just unsure if that was correct or if they had lost some pounds due to the cold in the prairies ( truck had been sitting for a bit too) ... which has a drastic difference in altitude vs NB. So should PSI be less for where I live, or more? Maybe 30 is spot on?