4th gen hood on a 3rd gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I think shes wanting a Venom lol. I think its sketch the guy doesnt have atleast a test fit pic of that hood on the test truck.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah it's kinda sketchy. I like the idea of bein unique, but it doesn't look mean enough for me. I want people to look in their rear view mirror and be like wtf is that hahaha

I want the venom, but will settle for an SRT10 for now if I can find one locally for cheaper

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I'd pass on that one, the only trucks I have seen that hood fit on is the 4th gens, never even heard of one for the 3rd gens. IMO though, it wouldnt look good anyways, the truck has lines that your eye likes to follow and that hood looks like it would take away from those lines. They look good on 4th gens because the lines match each other better.

The SRT hoods, Venom Hoods, Extractor Hoods, Ram Air Hoods, Cowl Hoods for the 02-08's generally all follow the same lines on the truck so everything flows together.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^ You have a good point there, it doesn't flow like the others do. Definitely pass.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Even though its common you really cant beat the SRT-10 hood since its oem and steel. Even the Viper Venom is fiberglass and its looks good in the installed pics of the seller but you will may have to work with it to fit your truck.

That said - i would trade straight up my srt-hood for 440 six pack.