Adjusting Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bug buggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, bought my first Ram about 2 months ago 2003 quad cab 4x4.. Been doing fixes and up grades when i can.. Bought and installed aftermarket oem replacement headlights. I know how to adjust the headlights "adjusting screws", but not sure if the beams are adjusted correctly. Just looking for tips, hints on how to get the best out of my new lights. Thanks for any help..

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe that at 25 ft, there should be a drop of 2" in the light beam. Basically, measure from the ground to the center of a headlight. If this measurement is 40" for example, then line up 25 feet away from a flat object, such as a garage door, and adjust the headlights so that the top of the beam cutoff on the garage door is 38" off the ground.

Keep in mind these numbers will change depending on your actual measurement from the ground to the center of your headlight.

OP
OP
B

bug buggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you sir. I wasn't sure how far away from an object to aim the lights. I can see like they are, but I feel like I should be able to get more out of them. Thanks again for your help.

AyeAyeCapn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 1500 Quadcab
Engine
bug buggy: Slightly veered off topic - I need replacement headlamps, complete, because of sever fogging of the cheap plastic lenses. What did you buy, and are they quality? I see too many different brands and comments by buyers. Did you use new OEM bulbs, or the same bulbs as original, or "upgrade?" Thanks! I don't want to do this twice.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963