Aftermarket headlight assembly recommendation 08 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure this has probly been asked more times than many but what's a good quality aftermarket headlight brand that will last and work good? It's about time to replace mine but I don't wanna drop money on cheaply made ones.

As far as what I want, I guess I'm not too terribly picky, just ones that are chrome, maybe the projector style with the white LED daytime lights like on most newer cars. Don't really need the halos, I guess.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody? There's a lot of y'all on here I see usin' them...lol.

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
From what I've read, there are really no good eBay lights. If you want quality, either fork up the money and get them from Retro Solutions (I think that's the website), or modify them yourself if you're handy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have heard good things about anzo. I'm waiting about another month then getting them. Got a pair on eBay I'm waiting for just over $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I've read, there are really no good eBay lights. If you want quality, either fork up the money and get them from Retro Solutions (I think that's the website), or modify them yourself if you're handy.

Yeah, I'm not real big on expensive stuff from ebay...lol. Too much shady crap goin on over there seems like.

I do want quality, but it seems like there's a lot out there that has a premium price but cheap quality.

I'll look into those Retros.

What more than just taking the lenses off to add the colored halos on the inside can you do to modify the original OEM lights?

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have heard good things about anzo. I'm waiting about another month then getting them. Got a pair on eBay I'm waiting for just over $200.

Yeah I think I've heard a good thing or two about those Anzo's but anymore, you're always gonna hear good and bad about anything. Kinda makes it hard to decide what reviews to listen to and which ones to completely ignore...lol.

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I think I've heard a good thing or two about those Anzo's but anymore, you're always gonna hear good and bad about anything. Kinda makes it hard to decide what reviews to listen to and which ones to completely ignore...lol.

Yea I've been going back and forth for a couple of months on them. Waiting to pull the trigger

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yeah, I'm not real big on expensive stuff from ebay...lol. Too much shady crap goin on over there seems like.

I do want quality, but it seems like there's a lot out there that has a premium price but cheap quality.

I'll look into those Retros.

What more than just taking the lenses off to add the colored halos on the inside can you do to modify the original OEM lights?
Well you can buy the projectors and retro fit them yourself. So you can crack open your headlights, paint them whatever colour you want, and retrofit the projectors yourself and save a bunch of money. Or get Retro Shop to do it. The headlights that I've seen them do, look amazing. I could just never justify spending $700 on headlights. And sorry, it Retro Shop. Not retro solutions.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well you can buy the projectors and retro fit them yourself. So you can crack open your headlights, paint them whatever colour you want, and retrofit the projectors yourself and save a bunch of money. Or get Retro Shop to do it. The headlights that I've seen them do, look amazing. I could just never justify spending $700 on headlights. And sorry, it Retro Shop. Not retro solutions.

Hmm, I didn't know you could that. Like I was sayin', I knew you could crack the lights open and put the halos in but I didn't know you could retro-fit projectors and all sorts of other stuff.

Aside from liking a good challenge, I think I'll just stick to something that's already made...lol.