Aftermarket HID install - Relay harness gives up after 6-8 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjgoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all!
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm new to the forum and I couldn't find a thread about my question so I figure why don't I just ask. I have aftermarket HID headlights and they work like a charm but the relay harness gives up after 6-8 months. I've gone through 2 already and this is what I've tried so far... I've checked the fuse(30amp) in the relay harness and it's fine. The relay itself is fine as I checked it by the "click" method and with a multi meter and no issues there. I've tested both ballast and lights with a 12V battery and they work fine. Nothing wrong with the TIPM because I put the stock halogens back in and they work fine. Has anyone gone through this with their trucks? My HID's are not cheap because they have been working for almost 2 years with no issues but it's just the relay harness that gives up. My first relay was off of ebay and the second was from a local performance shop. They both gave up less than 8 months. Any feed back would be appreciated.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And here I thought I've been through it all with my HID's lol this is new to me. I'm assuming they are CANBUS specific harnesses correct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jjgoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And here I thought I've been through it all with my HID's lol this is new to me. I'm assuming they are CANBUS specific harnesses correct

Thanks for the reply,
My HID kit is canbus with the HID low's and halogens are high. The relay harness that I've bought in the past all look the same. Is there a canbus relay harness out there?

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morimoto I know makes a "mopar specific H13" harness complete with built in resistors and also anti flicker warning cancellors. Not going to say this will fix your problem as I've actually never heard of your issue to be honest

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Retroshop.us sells a mopar specific CANBUS harness for 45 bucks