Amerihood review?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

it_fell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive scoured the forum looking for some reviews and haven't quite found what I'm looking for. I'm about to order a hood for my 06 and Amerihood has just what I'm looking for. Has anyone used them before? Looking for quality and fitment review. This is the hood Im looking at, and havent been able to find it anywhere other than them, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. b8f95ff38ea6f474604ace748734d96f.png

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just bought this one...
AmeriHood.com | Dodge Ram 1500 2002-2008 Type-SSK Style Functional Heat Extractor Vented Hood

Still sitting in the crate. Took it out and gave it a good once over, and initial observations are that it looks like a nice quality item, but I cant help much more than that....other than to tell you to look on Amazon before purchasing as I scored mine for $450 on sale. Opposed to the $800 delivered they wanted direct
They sell these EXACT same hoods on ebay for $250- $400 shipped. Same hood. Same company. Different seller.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They sell these EXACT same hoods on ebay for $250- $400 shipped. Same hood. Same company. Different seller.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

how about some links to help the OP out if you're seriously seeing that exact hood for $250?

when i was shopping for mine, i found several imitators that are NOT fiberglass, nor were they the same company as amerihood. (fyi DURAFLEX is NOT fiberglass, Nor is it the same company as above)

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought this one...
AmeriHood.com | Dodge Ram 1500 2002-2008 Type-SSK Style Functional Heat Extractor Vented Hood

Still sitting in the crate. Took it out and gave it a good once over, and initial observations are that it looks like a nice quality item, but I cant help much more than that....other than to tell you to look on Amazon before purchasing as I scored mine for $450 on sale. Opposed to the $800 delivered they wanted direct

That's a pretty good deal, I just looked because I'd love a hood like that and they are already back to $650 on Amazon...only the one seller too.

OP
OP
I

it_fell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked on amazon and didnt find anything, however did find one on ebay which appears to be Amerihoods business account on there, so may try it. I was just trying to find if there were any fitment issues and quality. Thanks for the help everyone!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will pop this to the top with my experience. It's a pretty nice hood. Better than the dura-flex I'm sure. Fit and finish is decent. The front lip where the hood mounts is super thick. So that needs modified to re- mount the grille.

The ram air box on the hood is coming down WAY too low to fit with my current CAI box/heatshield. Im gonna have to fabricate something unless I just want it to get blow-by ram air...which would basically be a luke-warm air intake.
I didn't pay for the ram air setup to not use it...so guess I'm fabbing up a sealed box. Yay.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just called their phone number to see if there is a recommended CAI that would be closer to fitting, than what i have. Its greatly appreciated when a rep that can speak "spanglish" at best...talks to me as if i am a child, and i must not understand how an opening in a hood works.