Anyone Have Experience with these ebay Headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C5Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys....I just bought a new to me 2005 Dodge Ram. The original headlights are pretty rough and faded looking. I'd like to get a good set of black housing headlights to replace them with.
Found these on eBay and was wondering if anyone has had experience with them...02-05 DODGE RAM BLACK HEADLIGHTS CLEAR REFLECTOR LAMPS ASSEMBLY LEFT+RIGHT

My main concern is light output, I had a set of projector halo headlights for my old 2007 Dodge and the light output was terrible and couldnt figure out how to aim the headlights (which I think was part of the problem). Just looking for a black housing headlight quick fix for the faded rough stock ones I have now without sacrificing light output.

Any help and opinions is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty much all eBay headlights have horrible light output/beam patterns and are prone to leaking.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I have that exact set and love them but at the same time they are black the output is gonna be a bit lower so upgrade the bulbs some. I'm running the xenons and they do fine. I was also able to aim them pretty good. No leaks nothing. ff2cf9af185bd1d715de1d604a6d5d7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

C5Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I was kind of afraid light output wouldn't be the greatest. Think I may try them anyways but buy brighter bulbs for them . I hope that would help remedy the problem at least some

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I'm running brighter than normal bulbs but switching to LEDs for more output

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Had a set and they leaked and the high beam was horrible after I adjusted the semi horrible low beam output.. Hence the reason I have my factory headlights back in with smoked covers over them so I can pop them off whenever I need to actually see where I'm going.

OP
OP
C

C5Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know of a good set of black or smoked housing headlights that aren't HID or 500 dollars? And I don't want to retrofit the stock ones because the lens isn't in the best of shape and don't want the downtime of the truck in order to retrofit.... Otherwise I'm just gonna try these since they are cheap and can maybe solve the problem by using brighter bulbs or led bulbs

Hemipig

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Never buy headlights from ebay, amazon or rockauto. They are all cheap, leak and melt.

If your existing headlights are oem, you're lucky. Buy a mothers powercone and grab a drill. Put some arm and hammer tooth paste on the headlights and go to work with the rotary sponge. This will remove a lot of the hazing. Do the same thing with some scratch-x plastic polish, and you should be good to go.

Then put some bright sylvanias or hids in them.

spuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 l v8
i bought stock headlights off of rock auto. 53 canadian i think so very cheap.
i guess there are more quality brands.