Anyone have rough country flares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have finally decided i cant take the 50 pings a day from my tires throwing rocks up at my truck. I will be having my paint fully detailed and repaired and sealed in the near future and after that im gunna bite the bullet and put flares on even though i dont like the look of flares. ive been looking at different flares and brands from ebay to top names and rough country pocket style rivet flares are the ones i think i like the best. theyre not very tall, they are RC and i have only saw good quality from there products, not ridiculously bulky and 3 feet tall by 20 feet wide like bushwackers lol and they give me 2" of "coverage." i actually kinda liked the smooth factory looking flares by RC but it says they are 1" taller then the others so that turned me off. ANYWAYS ha, i did thee ol goggle search to try and find more pictures of 3rd gens with RC flares and couldnt find nothing so just curious if anyone here has them on there truck, either style and could post a picture up. thanks! :favorites13:

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess a little more to add to this. if anyone has "smooth" style flares i would love to see those and what kind they are as now i see the RC smooths are only for 8 foot beds. i actually really do like the bushwacker "add a flare" i believe theyre called, the smooth ones. but dang $450.... if i get no feedback ill probably end up going with those spendy A$$ things and then painting, to me flares look bad enough on there own i definitely dont want a flare that also has gaps and doesnt line up perfect.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
From what I have seen/been told the cheap ebay ones are just as good as the $500 ones. One guy had a cheap $150 set that were still good as new 3 years later.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the stampede brand pocket style flares. They were $300 for the set so they're not high priced bushwackers or cheap eBay ones so a mid priced set cause I was leary about ordering a Amazon or eBay flare. But anyway, these flares fit great and are holding up well after 5 years on my truck. They were a 2" coverage which lined up with my tires perfectly even, another reason I didn't want the bushwackers.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the stampede brand pocket style flares. They were $300 for the set so they're not high priced bushwackers or cheap eBay ones so a mid priced set cause I was leary about ordering a Amazon or eBay flare. But anyway, these flares fit great and are holding up well after 5 years on my truck. They were a 2" coverage which lined up with my tires perfectly even, another reason I didn't want the bushwackers.
Could I get a couple pics of these please! So I can see how they lined up and look and also to see if there's any gaps in between the flare and body. Or just any pic would help. I really am not big on the whole big "bro dozer " giant flare look lol but I do need 2" of coverage and I have to decide on which flare here in not to long. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I have seen/been told the cheap ebay ones are just as good as the $500 ones. One guy had a cheap $150 set that were still good as new 3 years later.
From everything I've seen and heard most people do like there cheaper eBay flares yes but also admit that there is either a gap in places between the flare and body or the flare indents don't line up PERFECTLY to the indents/lines in the lower body or both and that's something I couldn't handle lol

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Could I get a couple pics of these please! So I can see how they lined up and look and also to see if there's any gaps in between the flare and body. Or just any pic would help. I really am not big on the whole big "bro dozer " giant flare look lol but I do need 2" of coverage and I have to decide on which flare here in not to long. Thanks!

IMG_2421.JPGIMG_2438.JPGIMG_3349.JPG

Here's a few different angles.. they fit real tight against the body and the plastic fits in the body lines perfect. I'm pretty pleased with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
O man that is a winner! Lol. Thanks bro! I believe I will end up going with these then. The lines line up great and they're not huge ugly. Thanks a lot brotha!

Yea that's why I went with them. Had just the right amount of coverage and weren't ungodly big. Serve their purpose and help save my paint. No problem man glad I could help.