Beat up HEMI looks? Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dat_HEMI_Tho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 SLT 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
Hey guys, few year back my parents bought me my '03 HEMI with 225,000 miles.

Anyways this truck has really been abused aesthetically by the the previous owners and, well, honestly looks like crap

Here's a picture of the good side, few scratches and minor dents

IMG_1507.jpg

And here is the bad side, you can see the ill fitting ebay fender I bought and painted lol

IMG_1509.jpg

And the beat up tailgate

IMG_1508.jpg

And heres the part I don't know about, should I keep that crappy black grille?

IMG_1510.jpg

Anyways, I'm just looking for opinions and recommendations on how the tan weenie looks and what I should do next to improve improve her :naughty:. Thoughts? And what kind of front bumpers you guys think will look alright?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 106

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Beat all the dents out straight, sand and grind them smooth, and bedline the whole truck. Lol

OP
OP
D

Dat_HEMI_Tho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 SLT 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
Yeah derekp, that looks like my best option, but thats ALOT of work lol.

OP
OP
D

Dat_HEMI_Tho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 SLT 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
And would the whole thing bedline even look good? It sounds cheaper and easier than painting it and maybe cover up some imperfections

Tweek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
And would the whole thing bedline even look good? It sounds cheaper and easier than painting it and maybe cover up some imperfections

i think it would look good since it's along the lines of blacking out the truck. or rattle can it!

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins

Yeah its work, but to paint it would be the same process of beating out the dents and sanding them. It's a whole lot cheaper and will be tougher. Most places provide a warranty on it and they have plenty of colors to choose from. They probably even have the same color as your truck is now, just make sure they clear coat it and it will last forever. I'm going to do my truck here soon the same way.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check Jeep forums maybe. I've seen that done plenty of times.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen a few done and they can look good or like crap, its all in the quality of work.

There is also paintable or even colored truck bed coating. Might dress it up a bit with a 2 tone or something like that.

Also what are your plans for it? most of the trucks I have seen it done bad on were all plain jane pick-ups..... I think it takes a pretty aggressive stance and build to pull it off without looking out of place and dumb.

Another option is to replace the bad panels and bumper or tailgate with good junk yard parts and then paint it. Might be cheaper to make it look decent and lower the amount of expensive body work.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
if you have the time, you can use it as an opportunity to learn some body work skills. for $100 you can get some hammers and dollies , and beat them pretty straight. For another hun you can buy an Harbor Freight nail welder and pull some of the creases out, or pull the dents you can't access the back side of. The tailgate may not be worth the time and effort to beat it straight, if it's even possible.