Brake issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2005,2500, with the 5.7. I had a rear caliber blow a few days ago, and just had time to change it today. Now I am not getting any fluid to the rear brakes at all. It was full when I parked it, and yes some of it bled out. I have checked everything I can think of. Broke the line lose at the block behind the driver side rear wheel and nothing. Did the same at the front and still nothing. I get a gravity flow for the front at the control module and wheels but nothing for the rear. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I suggest a bleed at the brake not working. Get a clear jar and a length of tubing. Run tube from bleeding nipple to jar with enough fluid to see bubbles. This is a two person job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mr78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not getting any fluid to the rear brakes at all. Nothing is coming out of the control module for the rear, only for the front brakes.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
How are you bleeding it I hope you have someone pumping the brake pedal .First of all you don't start bleeding the brakes on the rear drivers side you start on the rear passengers side.Get someone to pump the brakes inside the truck and hold the brake pedal you go to the right caliper and turn the bleed valve when the pedal goes to the floor you tighten the bleed valve and the go to the drivers side rear and get someone pump the brakes and hold the pedal then go to the front brakes same thing you never start bleeding the brakes on the rear drivers side.Always start the farthest from the master cylinder.If this doesn't work your master cylinder is bad.

OP
OP
M

Mr78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I understand this and know how to bleed a braking system. The issue isn't that. The caliber I changed was the rear passenger side. When I didn't get fluid there after trying to gravity feed the caliber, I start tracing the lines back to see where the issue was. The line runs a crossed the rear axle an ties into the line on the drivers side. No fluid there so I went to the front on the truck where the line runs along the frame before it goes into the abs control module. Behind the drivers side wheel on the frame is where the lines come down from the control module. I broke the line lose there and I had no fluid at that point. So I went to the ABS control module. Check it for gravity flow to the rear brake lines and there was nothing. So I checked the gravity flow out of the ABS control module to the front brakes. I have flow to the front but nothing to the rear lines. So I have no way to bleed the rear lines until I get the flow going. Is there a reset on the ABS somewhere?

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There isn't gravity flow you got to pump the brake pedal it is not going to just run out the brake lines are under pressure .You are going to get the air out of the lines by pupping the brakes or have a vacume pump to bleed your brakes.Have you ever put brakes on a car before?Sounds like you have a lot of air in the lines quit breaking lines all you doing is putting more are in the lines .Stop fooling with control module bleed only at the wheels.Do you have a vacume pump you can get fluid to the wheels with it.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you got brakes yet?

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, you should have gravity bleeding at each wheel. You may have a problem at the abs module or it may need bled out. You need a scan tool to bleed the abs module.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk