Bumper filler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stanallen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there anyone out there that can explain to me how to install a bumper filler on my 2004 Dodge Ram. I have the new one, (the old one was missing when I bought the truck), and I can't see for the life of me how it is supposed to attach to the truck in the slot above the chrome bumper. Thanks.
Stan

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok is it a plastic part?? If it is then it should just snap in place. Might take a bit of force though to fully seat it. A couple pictures may help out here.

OP
OP
S

stanallen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes it is the plastic part, and thanks for the info. It took a bit of pressure but it popped in. Shame they are made with such cheap plastic it leaves a small space on one side where it doesn't fit completely flush for about 2-3 inches along the top.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no problem stan. Sometimes all it takes is a little help from others. And the community here is great. Do not hesitate to ask any question you have. The correct person will chime in as soon as they can.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes it is the plastic part, and thanks for the info. It took a bit of pressure but it popped in. Shame they are made with such cheap plastic it leaves a small space on one side where it doesn't fit completely flush for about 2-3 inches along the top.

you may not have 1 clip fully in the hole, i just replaced my rear bumper and had to use the existing plastic, and it took quite a bit of force to get 1 of the plastic tabs to lock down, it had a small gap like you described.

OP
OP
S

stanallen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It clicked on the clips on the bottom, but there are no clips on the top. When I apply more pressure it pushes it all the way through and I have to pull it out and start over. Don't want to keep pulling it out and redoing cuz I'm afraid I will get it out of whack even more.

Can't thank you guys enough for your help. I've been a Ford truck man my entire life, (all 59 years of it) but since I bought this 2004 Ram which only had 60k on it I have been so impressed with the truck I have officially weaned myself off Fords forever. Nice to see the support from this site as well and this just strengthens my convictions on this subject. I have fallen in love with this Ram!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad to hear it stan. A bit more looking (maybe get a youngster to crawl under the truck), might reveal the one clip that is not going in right. Or may even shed some light on why it is not going down fully. Thank god for small kids.

dustu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all , Im the new guy here and been looking for that same plastic bumper filler for my truck but my dearler cant seem to order one as my truck's vin says it has tow hooks.. As it has no hooks how I need the part# so I can get one ordered.Thanks..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye