Bumper Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LBC970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,

I am designing a bumper for a 2004 2500, and have a good idea what I want. Or at least I thought I did. Here is what I have so far...

Brackets_zps7rpr3hzq.jpg

Brackets2_zpsommkx8e3.jpg

I designed the top plate to match the curve of the grill, and to sit nearly in the same location. I only pushed it out 1/2 inch to help clear the 12k winch thats going behind this thing. I like the curve, I am not crazy about the gap between the lower plate and the curved plate. I have the tools and know how to make the curved face plate, but no way of making those two plates meet to make it look decent.

I would love some feedback or ideas on how to make this thing look decent. My plan at the moment is to continue the factory curve around under the headlights too. I could honestly be talked out of the curve under the grill, I just wanted a tucked away, clean look to the bumper.

Thanks for the input guys!

EDIT: To be clear, I can make the plate curved in CAD, I cannot make the actual plate in real life, I don't think.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Elongate the lower plate, match the cut to the curve of the other plate.

OP
OP
L

LBC970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Elongate the lower plate, match the cut to the curve of the other plate.

I did that, but it still left the gap between the curved plate and the lower plate. It would probably never be that noticeable, but what if it is!? Ha

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Once you get the sides and top plate cut, then they can be used to mark the sheet for the lower plate cut. All you have to do is measure twice, cut once.

OP
OP
L

LBC970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Once you get the sides and top plate cut, then they can be used to mark the sheet for the lower plate cut. All you have to do is measure twice, cut once.

Right, but here is my concern...

Brackets3_zpsqrdzqdx4.jpg

That gap is still there. Granted, unless I put the truck on C-130 tires I will probably never see it, but I will know about it, and it will bug the crap out of me.

I could do it like this...

Brackets4_zpsjl1h6kxy.jpg

And close the gap, just having trouble visualizing it in real life, and whether it will look goofy or not.

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it!