Can I change my 06 wheel stud from 9/16 thread to 12mm X 1.5??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm having trouble finding aftermarket lug nuts in 9/16 thread size that will fit into my ATX rims lug nut hole.

My question is, can I take off my trucks current wheel studs (sized 9/16 thread) and replace them all with a 12mm X 1.5 thread size??

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Univ/Alloy_USA/Wheel_Stud/ALY99STUD5.html

^^^ that website lists those wheel studs under the 06 ram and says they will fit but requires customization to fit my vehicle.

I'm asking because if I can change my wheels studs to a more common sized thread, I would easily be able to find lug nuts that would fit into the rims lug nut hole diameter.

I guess what I'm asking is, is it safe to do, and can I even change them out for a different size?

Any help on the topic would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My guess would be putting smaller studs would be a bad idea.*

*No technical expertise was used in the making of this post.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My guess would be putting smaller studs would be a bad idea.*

*No technical expertise was used in the making of this post.

OK I wasn't sure. Today being thanksgiving, I was unable to go to my local Dodge dealer to see if they had Gorilla Nuts, a member on another Ram forum suggested this, as he said he has bought them at his local Ram dealer.

Also the 2 local "truck accessories" stores near me were closed aswell. So tomorrow, hopefully I can find a set that works.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Found a set of Gorilla Nuts locally that were 9/16 thread and fit into the rims lug nut hole.