Curse of the 20in factory rims.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgia Dodge Boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Having a little confusion with tire sizes....
I have the 275/60R20 on my truck or the 33" tires.
What I don't understand is why the 17" or 18" (whichever the other factory option is) rims have cheaper A/T tires. For example, 315/70R17 BFGoodrich All-terrain K/O are around $290. 325/60R20 BFGoodrich All-terrain K/O are $492. The way I understand tire sizes, they both sit at the same height, only difference being rim size and 1 inch wider on the 20" rims. Why do you have to pay more for essentially less tire? Or am I not measuring things correctly? :confused: Tires are a ways down the road, like years, with the way my stock tires wear (they don't, no matter what) but I'm tryin to find some cheaper ones that will still give me atleast an inch over stock because my wheel wells are so empty. It looks like I could land a plane in it.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's a tire thing, bigger inside diameter (bigger rim) is going to cost more even tho its less rubber... For instance I wanted the same 33 that came on my 17 from dodge on my after market 18's and it was 250 ish more for the total. That's just the way of the world.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
supply and demand my friend. the "in" thing these days is big rims and smaller tires. therefore, they cost more. even though there is less rubber involved. probably more intensive manufacture process too? not sure on that though.

AKreed22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
shop around man alot of the tire shops pricematch just to get your buisness. i just picked up some tires from discounttire for my car they wanted 290 a piece i found them on another website for 195 and they matched it.