Custom Paint boys....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Looking at prices on a few things. Basically, what would a decent price be for a GOOD (no maco ****) full vehicle paint job including door jams? Secondly what would a decent price be to get some graphics done?

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hard to say on paint depends on color, type of paint, how much body work, ect ect, for graphics are you talking vinyl, or painted?

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
any wheres from 600 for small squiggles to 1000++++ for graphics, more detail the more money and being painted the clear has to be blended to not feel any tape lines ect,although if your getting paint done same time they wont need to blend, complete paint with graphics range from 3500 to 8k+ for good work, i had a sport bike years back that had complet custom paint and graphics painted cost 6500 and that was a motorcycle

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
If you looking outside of shop options then Send a PM to Mike aka 08QuadCTD on here for some prices. He has put out some top notch paint jobs on members parts and recently just finished a sweet job on a Nova.

He is in Maricopa.

You can really bring down the price if you do a lot of the prep like removing the weather stripping/taping/sanding etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Typically a two tone job is in the neighborhood of about 5k to 7k. Add some air brush and you're quickly up to about 10k. Want the door jambs done and the that's easily about another grand or so.

As Daniel mentioned if you do all the prep work yourself you can easily knock off a few grand.

A lot of the cost is the prep work ie dents scratches etc.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
My dad just had a 74 Duster painted. Probably around $8k
Picture080.jpg
Picture035-1.jpg

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
So if I wanted the whole truck done, that would be in the area of 8-10k including door jams.... but that also depends on color correct? And then what ever graphics I want added in, not air brush, more like stripes or something of that nature.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
If you looking outside of shop options then Send a PM to Mike aka 08QuadCTD on here for some prices. He has put out some top notch paint jobs on members parts and recently just finished a sweet job on a Nova.

He is in Maricopa.

You can really bring down the price if you do a lot of the prep like removing the weather stripping/taping/sanding etc.

I have had enough with doing body work and prep, I'd rather just let someone else do it and do it right. I spent A LOT of time on my old truck with body work and I dont want to do that again.

Last edited by a moderator:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Gonna be around 8-10k depending on the shop. I have 2k in paint for my whole hood and all the stripes.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
might be still cheaper if you supply the paint and remove the weather stripping. From your past pics and videos i could not see any dents and being in AZ we don't have to deal with rust so that helps a lot regarding body work.

Last edited:

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
look at shops previous work carefully before deciding to go with anyone, and some shops do cheap work but turns out great i had my womans g6 front end front doors all the way to the bumper painted for 625 i did do all the prep work though, they wanted 1200 to do it all turned out real good but yes for a repuitable shop you are going to pay 8k+ for everything but still check there previous work, and do not pay until your 100% satisfied so check it good when you go to pick it up

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So if I wanted the whole truck done, that would be in the area of 8-10k including door jams.... but that also depends on color correct? And then what ever graphics I want added in, not air brush, more like stripes or something of that nature.

Sounds about right...yes sir

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
man........I am glad I have a painter friend.