CV joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shclarke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hi there,

I have a question about my Dodge Ram 1500, 2014 outdoormans. I was driving yesterday on a dirt road and a clicking started to happen and get worse as I went on. When I got out and looked it was clear that I had tore the boot and the cv joint seems to be gone, the clicking is coming from the right front cv joint. I was just wondering if anyone can price this part for me? Or have a guess at the number, I can't seem to find much and I don't want to be surprised at the garage I would like to know before hand what exactly I'm dealing with. I've searched many sites but I can't find.a 2014 model part. Any info would be great!!
Thanks guys!

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
First off with a 2014 you should be posting in the 4th gen section.

As for the price of the part, have a look at RockAuto.com

Easy to find, price and buy.

nateo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just went through something similar with my 2005. for the 2005 a boot kit is $50 and requires a few special tools. Reman from parts store is about $60. new copy from china is about $70. Reman from dodge/mopar dealer is $165. Brand new axle assembly from dodge about $260. It wasn't a easy decision but i went with mopar reman. Joints were nice and stiff and it looked brand new. has oem parts too. For another $100 I can rest easy knowing I'm unlikely to have any weird issues with it. I went with a china one once on different vehicle and it made clicking noise sometimes.

Labor would probably be a up to a couple of hours $80-100 per hour. hope that helps.

tsc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014???

Might be able to get that warrantied. Unless you're climbing rocks with your truck, I can't see how you could rip a boot. The dealer might say it was a faulty boot. Worth a try anyway.