Debadging my truck this week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07BlueRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all

I'm going to be debadging my truck this week and on RubberFrog's video he used a wheel on a drill what is that and where can i get that, and can i f up my paint using it?

Thanks for the input

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
It's an eraser wheel. It's used to remove old adhesive, pin striping, and stuff like that.
You can mess up your paint if you're not careful with it. Let the tools do the work. Don't use it like a grinder either lol

You should be able to get one from a parts store or someplace that sells automotive paint

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
07BlueRam

07BlueRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's an eraser wheel. It's used to remove old adhesive, pin striping, and stuff like that.
You can mess up your paint if you're not careful with it. Let the tools do the work. Don't use it like a grinder either lol

You should be able to get one from a parts store or someplace that sells automotive paint

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks where can i get the eraser wheel at?

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
the way i got the adhesive is i peeled off the black tape that was left over, and then used goo gon for anything left. and after all the sticky stuff was gon i used a clay bar to get the dirt that was kinda stained to the paint.
also it seem to be a 100% easier if you heat up the emblem first then use the fishin line.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Most auto places should be able to order it or go to a body shop you like and see about them sourcing you one.

OP
OP
07BlueRam

07BlueRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay thanks ill post pictures up of the truck when im done

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
i used fishing string and peeled off the rubber then used goo be gone not 1 prob at all i would say if its super old then get the wheel if not do it the normal way

Roman4405

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i used fishing string and peeled off the rubber then used goo be gone not 1 prob at all i would say if its super old then get the wheel if not do it the normal way

That's what I did on my SLT badge, I'm keeping the rest because my kid likes the way it looks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
OP
07BlueRam

07BlueRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is 4 years old now i will need some help getting the rest of the crap off my truck

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The eraser wheel isn't cheap, and from what I saw most places don't keep it in stock so it will have to be ordered..keep thay in mind if you really want one...it is worth it though

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only folks that suggest using googone are those that have never used an eraser wheel. It's like suggesting driving in nails with a rock is equal to using a hammer.

My local advanced auto parts place carries eraser wheels right next to the paint supplies.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I got mine at my favorite auto paint store. Not a parts store, but a store that specializes in auto paints.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm glad my truck only has 1 small badge per side. Hardly noticeable.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought mine on amazon for like 10-15 shipped to my house

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
The only folks that suggest using googone are those that have never used an eraser wheel. It's like suggesting driving in nails with a rock is equal to using a hammer.

My local advanced auto parts place carries eraser wheels right next to the paint supplies.

UMM YA WTF i used it worked fine so thats kinda rude. i used it it worked also know about 15 others that used it / is this not what the forums are for to give opinuns

kinda pointless to spend money on something that i did not need but like i said mine was brand new so it might not work for his, and i have used an eraser wheel just don't have one now and i don't use a rock to drive nails i use a nail gun or is that stupid to

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
Eraser wheels are the shizz. I guess goo gone works, but that sounds about as fun as bailing water with a net.

---
- Sent from the palm of my hand

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UMM YA WTF i used it worked fine so thats kinda rude. i used it it worked also know about 15 others that used it / is this not what the forums are for to give opinuns

kinda pointless to spend money on something that i did not need but like i said mine was brand new so it might not work for his, and i have used an eraser wheel just don't have one now and i don't use a rock to drive nails i use a nail gun or is that stupid to

You are exactly right. Forums are for sharing ideas. And that's what I am doing.

I'm glad you know 15 others that have used goo gone. I know 100s that have used goo gone. So what? It is still not as quick and effective as using an eraser wheel.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I will say that the eraser wheel will work on older trucks too. I used it on my 05 when it was several years old and it took all the glue off so easily. Also unless you are really pressing on it with a high speed drill and just keeping it on one spot on your paint i seriously doubt you are going to ruin your paint, but I don't know why anybody would do that anyway - the object is to get rid of the glue....once it is gone why would you continue to use it on the paint in that location...LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio