The door handles are finally painted.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Beauty Job, looks Great ! I am curious though, where the Handles removed or masked off in place?

I removed them. It was way easier to do it this way. The door panel has only 4 screws (philips head) and you have to unbolt the door handle (10mm)and pop out and unplug the window switches. the door panel will just pull up and off. The outside door handle is only held in with 2 10mm nuts. After they are off you can take off the plastic rod clips, that open the door, from the outside.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah i love it. Not many ppl notice it has metallic flake until they get close to it.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Man, I need my door handles done...

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my buddies call it bass boat paint haha

as you can see, its about impossible to match the flake on the factory paint. I swear its like 50% flake. I did mine and they look close to yours, they match unless in bright light. In the bright light you can tell the flake being a little off

supposedly the factory can float the flake to the top. I dunno. I love the matched door handles, it really helps when waxing! I did all of my handles, the tailgate spoiler, mirrors, etc.