Easiest way to wire halo for DRL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to ask those who have halo headlights what is the easiest way to wire them up so the halo comes on with ignition? I have an 05 1500 and wanted to be able to tap into the closest wire to the headlights that comes on with ignition...does anyone know what that would be? And just because I find a wire with 12v do I have to be worried about amp draw? Thanks

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would still put a relay on them. Better safe than sorry. I have mine on a relay. I have mine triggered with a switch but you can tap a hot w/ignition wire to trigger the relay.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
grab a test light and start checking the fuses. I found one on my 10 that is on with ignition, thats what I tapped my DRLs to. BUT, I didn't want them on with the parking lights, so I used a 5 pin relay to trigger the lights when the truck is turned on, but then the DRLs go off when I turn on the parking lights (or could have been low beam healights for that matter).

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
The link I provided is fully a fully automatic setup. It uses a sensor to turn the lights on when you start your vehicle, and when it gets dark they automatically turn off. Here is a link to another unit that does the same but it turns the DRL's off when you turn on the running lights:
Buy LED Daytime Running Light DRL Relay Harness Auto Control On/Off Switch kit MBenz on FlipaCars

The above link is to the exact one that I used to install a set of LED DRL's on my wifes car. Have had no problems at all with the unit.

OP
OP
C

ChrisM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would still put a relay on them. Better safe than sorry. I have mine on a relay. I have mine triggered with a switch but you can tap a hot w/ignition wire to trigger the relay.

What is the purpose of the relay?