Expensive mistake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
The bad part about my dents is that you can't get to them from the backside easily to bang them out. It's kind of reinforced back there. Believe me, I've looked for alternatives.

I got two more estimates today. One was $577 the other was $505. The place that gave the $577 estimate seems cleaner and all, but the cheapest place has been around here forever. All three places were about the same on paint labor and supplies. The main difference was the labor to fix the dents. The first place ($927) estimated 12 hours @ $46/hr. The cheapest place estimated 5 hours @ $42/hr. The middle place said 7 hours @ $40/hr.

I'm tempted to go to the middle place just because of my overall impression of their shop.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
sounds like a plan to me

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Actually the only good thing about the accident is that is where it rusts to begin with. So you are killing two bird with one stone. On the other hand it sucks that it was your dad that hit you.

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Dropped the truck off at the shop this morning. They are hoping to have it done by Wednesday evening....we will see.

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Got a call from the shop this morning. They were hoping to have my truck done by this evening. Now it will be Monday before it's done. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 5 freaking extra days without my truck! If there is one thing I hate more than just about anything it's when someone tells you they will have something done by a certain date/time and then they don't do it. I am so pissed right now!!!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
My dad hit my brothers brand new mustang pretty much the same way, lettin the truck back itself out of the driveway since he's done it so many times. Not a fun situation.

Last edited:

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea Dad was drunk and decided to move his Ram and backed right into my rear bumper...well mines painted black and his was chrome...well he replaced it and had it painted for about $800.

OP
OP
Deviate

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
I got the truck back yesterday evening. I'm very pleased with the work and paint. You can't tell that there were any dents and the paint matches nearly perfectly. They even detailed the truck for me while it was there. Now I just have to wait 2 months before I can give it a good waxing.

hemi powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Glad you got everything taken care of. Sounds like a good price and they did good work so all is well.