Exterior door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How hard is it to remove these? I've recently painted all of my outter trim pieces factory black and I'd like to paint the handles as we'll just don't know how big of a PITA it will be. Does anyone have step by step instructions with pictures or video would be great thanks!

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Door handle Swap DIY

I followed that thread when I replaced the handles from chrome to black on mine.
Id rate it a 4/10 on difficulty. just takes patience as your hand is up inside of the door not much room to work to get the task done. the interior door panels come off really easy.

Not sure if 06 will be different then the link above. but should be a similar task.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I wanted to take mine off the get them painted when I got the mirrors painted and it was a PITA.

Those little clips holding them on inside the door would not come off, they were about to break, so I just gave up

OP
OP
FlaglerMegacab4x4

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol yea my dad said the same thing so I'm gonna leave em on and mask the truck off with contractors paper and shoot em then. I'm going just black to freshen everything up so it'll be easier than doing a color change but maybe that's something you could do as well