Fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AK_Armendariz

AK_Armendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 L
Do you think my truck could pull some off?? (Picture of my truck is above) I just want to add something to it. It just needs something and I can't quite put my finger on it, but I thought flares like yours would be great! (Only problem is that I have no idea what color my truck is)

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
In response to your question about the look I think you should go for, in my opinion, I would drop the rear of the truck to match the front, roll pan, and some wheels with a good amount of offset. I understand you a student and your on a budget, so am I, it's gonna be easier/cheaper to make your truck have that mean and lower race truck stance then have leveled with aggressive tires, flares, bumpers, and what not. I have really been turned on to the single cab, shaved style trucks that some of the members have on here. Hey, but that's my opinion, what's it matter to you cause it your truck! I love the lifted truck look too!

OP
OP
AK_Armendariz

AK_Armendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 L
My boy PCA4208 has that lowered look to his and I didn't really care for the idea on my truck. But for his it looks great! I just wanted to do something to make the truck personal to me, but just wanted to get some suggestions since this is my first ram. I have had ford and Chevy products but never a ram and just wanted another opinion. So thank you!

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SXT Proud Mopar owner.
Raider Nation

grantmcw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personally, I think you could pull off some subtle flares. I also think the shaved/lowered look mentioned above would work. Depends what you want/can afford. As far as color, I could be wrong because it's not in front of me right now, but I think your paint code should be on the placard on the door jam, or somewhere like that.

OP
OP
AK_Armendariz

AK_Armendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 L
I'll defiantly have to look for it because I honestly couldn't tell you what color it is because it's not gray. I'm color blind but I can see gray and it's not gray. Haha

Raider Nation

OP
OP
AK_Armendariz

AK_Armendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 L
Do you think I could pull off a leveling kit in the front with the flares?

Raider Nation

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Honestly if you are dead set of flares I say go for it you have to remember all opinions given are only there to sway your opinion. Like I said I personally love the look of no flares wide tires that stick out. But I love the look of flares on some trucks, especially the 4th gens. The most I personally would do on your truck is a 1/2 flare. Enough to pop out but not enough to "stand" out. That and a nice set of 1/2 in spacers I feel will help pull it off even better.

Flares are probably going to run you around 250 for a good said painted and the spacers maybe about 200 for a good set? If I'm not mistaking... I believe its 100 each pair of spacers on almost any site that I have seen...

OP
OP
AK_Armendariz

AK_Armendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 L
And where should I look for the spacers and flares? Do you have any recommendations?

Dodge Ram 1500 SXT Proud Mopar owner.
Raider Nation

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Basically any car part sales online store, I mean they are common things its a matter of which company is better in your opinion auto anything has done well for me in the past

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
For a little more than the price of spacers you could get new rims that are offset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
are they that much for trucks? i have only dealt with car spacers i have only put offset rims on trucks and never needed spacers

OP
OP
AK_Armendariz

AK_Armendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 L
Yeah if that's the case I might as well hold out and get bigger tires and rims that have the offset.

Raider Nation

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
As LSDodgeRam said. 100$ per pair for spacers. And you don't want to get the cheap ones and risk breaking something later. I have a pair of 1.25 spacers if you are interested pm me.
uploadfromtaptalk1392183237452.jpg
That's a pair of them for 100, plus 25 shipping. Holy cow.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
well i wouldnt say thats "a little more" lol... rims usally run about 200 a pop plus tires so 200 is a nice temp fix

OP
OP
AK_Armendariz

AK_Armendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 L
Depending on what rims though. I have expensive taste. And if I went bigger tires and rims I'd have to get the leveling kit first...

Raider Nation

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
yeah honestly right now your best bet is spacers and flares... it is cheaper for now... remember when you level your truck you may run into complications like ball joints and control arm issues...

my balljoints were shot because of my rims and tires... so i was going to replace the upper control arm and lower balljoints regardless of anything... so while i was going to have all that taken apart, i bought a 6 inch lift kit, new upper control arms, lower ball joints, lower control arm bushings, and tie rod ends... ran me about $1350 for everything parts wise... cost me $180 for a 3 year allignment...

it would have cost me a total of $2688 for a shop to install everything for me... i chose to do it myself and saved money...

just keep in mind that the more you toy with the truck the more it will cost you regardless of what you do... so if you are a student ( assuming so because you are friends with PCA) take the cheap way out and do the flares first and the spacers... by the time you get to do the leveling kit youll probably have to do ball joints as well so that should be done in one total project, and then rims and tires after everything else is done. or do rims and tires when you need new tires... you need them anyway, you may as well... whichever comes first.

all that was just for you to keep in mind with some of the projects you want to do and with me doing some of those same projects and the experience i have had with my truck as well as my friends and their dodges.

and don't worry, your truck will come along really nice and slowly just like mine has! enjoy the shopping that's one of my favorite parts of modding , choosing with mods to do!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AK_Armendariz

AK_Armendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 L
You have been such a great help! I really appreciate it. (PCA and I go to the same school and he helped me get my tuck) I have already been looking for stuff online, either way the truck isn't going to remain the way it is. But like you said, it's going to take time. I just wish I made more money to have handy.
I'll post pictures of what I have done to it in the coming week or two!

Raider Nation

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Love to help out when i can man, especially when people are in my situation and i have done some of the things they wish to. especially since students have no money... lol well if you have any more questions feel free to ask away!