Fender Flares - Black or Color Matched????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
They come in black... Just put them on and if you don't like it go get them painted. :imo:

That's a smart idea. When they come unfinished and are black, do people leave them unfinished or do some actually take the time to paint them black to give the finish a different look?

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a smart idea. When they come unfinished and are black, do people leave them unfinished or do some actually take the time to paint them black to give the finish a different look?

All of the above!

Sent from my Droid HTC Rezound.

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
Alright cool. I guess I will just see what they look like when I get them and decide then if I wanna color match or not

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you're trying them on - make sure your wife doesn't pull the tabs that cover the adhesive until you've had a chance to decide if you want them on or want to remove/paint.

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
When you're trying them on - make sure your wife doesn't pull the tabs that cover the adhesive until you've had a chance to decide if you want them on or want to remove/paint.

haha well I am only a sophomore in college and I don't have a wife but I will make sure nobody else does that!

atticusfaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Color match with raptor liner...looks sick and has a nice aggressive off road look IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
Forgot to check back on this thread. lol. My bad. What is a raptor liner???

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Color match looks best. I think black looks like aftermarket paste ons...

Haselwa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
this isn't pocket flares, but it will give you an idea of black flares on a silver truck with black accents and black wheels

PICT0091.jpg

I know this is an old thread but was just doing a search on fender flares... But, Butch, what brand of fender flares are those? I've been looking at buying a set of fender flares for my Ram but can't afford the $400+ price tag of the Bushwacker brand. The ones you had on this truck look like the set I can get on ebay or amazon for around $130... If they are the cheaper brand, how did they hold up? What was the quality like, I plan on putting monstaliner on top of them.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I know this is an old thread but was just doing a search on fender flares... But, Butch, what brand of fender flares are those? I've been looking at buying a set of fender flares for my Ram but can't afford the $400+ price tag of the Bushwacker brand. The ones you had on this truck look like the set I can get on ebay or amazon for around $130... If they are the cheaper brand, how did they hold up? What was the quality like, I plan on putting monstaliner on top of them.

i had got them from ebay. Probably right around the price of 130. The brand was Peragon i belive. Overall the time i had them they held up great. However with not being painted they did start to fade some.

Haselwa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i had got them from ebay. Probably right around the price of 130. The brand was Peragon i belive. Overall the time i had them they held up great. However with not being painted they did start to fade some.

Ok, the fading problem will be solved with Monstaliner. Can't wait to get them and the Monstaliner on my truck! Submitting an order on Friday.