Flare Height Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WIKD RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the common rust problem around the rear wheel wells and want to cover it up with some flares. I need flares anyone since I put the 305/55/20s on stock wheels with 1.5" spacers. Width isn't the big issue, the height is.

I really like the Bushwacker pocket flares but their website says they are 4" high. I kinda need something a little higher than that though, but what I was wondering is how the height is measured. Around the curves of the wheel wells, it appears that the flares are a little bit wider and I was wondering if anyone who has them could confirm.

The extend a fender flares are listed at 5" high and I have seen some other brands at 4.25-4.5". Another one that intrigues me is the flares made by a company called Tyger Auto. They are listed at over 5.5" high and are supposedly made from the same material as the Bushwackers but they are super cheap, so I don't know...

I would appreciate it if those who have Bushwackers on their trucks could snag a few measurements around the whole flare for me. Thank you!

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the stampede brand pocket style flares which were a good bit cheaper and just as good of quality cause I had bushwackers before on my old truck. They're just shy of 4.5" high and have 2" coverage which was all I needed cause I don't have a big offset wheel. The pics I didn't quite have my camera perfectly straight on so the measurement looks off from what I said above.

image.jpg