Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kewpie79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off, I am terrible with wiring. That said, I bought some aftermarket fog lights, no instructions. This is for my 2004 st. I have everything in place, except the accessory wire. Is there a wire on the drivers side front I could tap into?

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
http://www.ramforum.com/f48/fog_lights_st-17188/

Take a look at this thread and see if you have the socket for the factory fog light harness. If you do, I have the part number in the thread for the harness jumper that plugs into that and has sockets for the fog lights themselves. All you'd need is a factory fog light switch, harness and the lights themselves. I think I have ~$100 parts in mine.

Or search in the 3G forums for threads about fog lights. I am pretty sure there is a thread that details adding a relay to the driver's side low-beam wire and powering the lights that way. Lastly, there is always the option to wire with an independent switch.

OP
OP
kewpie79

kewpie79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an independent switch mounted, fuse and relay are set up, just wondering which wire I can tap into to attach the accessory wire from the fog lights themselves.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
My mistake; I didn't know what the kit contents were nor how far you were into the install.

Since you've already got the the switch/relay/fuse set up,the power wire to the lights should be coming from the relay. Here's a typical diagram and you might find one at the manufacturer website.

foglite.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01